How do you get massive wires to the back?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2233
just wondering how everybody does it. cause it sems like you cant do it the normal way because its so fat the floor panels at the doors wont snap back on. never tried it though. im tlaking about like dual 2 awg wires ro 0awg or even bigger! marshall im sure youve seen everything lol. ive been looking at that welding site you put up... cheap stuff i love it! lol

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2749
i got a 1/0 gauge and a 4 guage going through the floor panel at doors. it fits in there just fine for me.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1196
same here, 1/0 ran down the passenger side, fits perfectly.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2236
okay sound good. tomorrow i'll rip the panels off and look at it again. you guys know the diamater of the wire? prolly not...lol. i plan to eventually be running 2000w to the subs and 900w to mids and highs.... 250A alt and 1 kinetic monster. think 1 run of 0 awg will be enough?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 357
I'd pull up the door trim panels but run the wire actually under the carpet along the side. Takes a little bit more time to pull up the edge of the carpet and run the wire down it but then there's no problem with the panels. Also i'd do the same for th other side where you should run the RCAs. I like to run them little further in away from the door cause there is usually a nice chunk of wires running along the passenger side or drivers side for the tail lights and some of the onboard computers.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6095
Basically u need 2 remove ur carpet & run that 0G wire along 1 side of the transmission tunnel (different ppl call it different names) but u will have 2 lift 1/2 of ur carpet 2 do it . Other side of the tunnel u run the rcas & on either far side of the floor i run L/R speaker wires & i put my REM on the middle on top of the tunnel so every type of wire if not near the other . Thats just the way i personally do it ...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2237
rovin you like to make it very difficult dont you? lol. i just make sure my power goes down one side and the RCAs go down the other lol. evrything with escalades is more difficult lol. but i wont NEED to do this for a lil while, just getting ideas. thanks guys! oh and does any1 have an opinion if 1 run will be enough? or should i do 2 runs of 2 awg?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6099
Yeh man it does take ALOT of effort 2 get it done right especially when u install by urself like i do , ur seats obviously have 2 also be removed b4 u raise that carpet .

Ur gonna run 4 15s right !? , 1 amp/2subs ? . Hmmm - idk if there is 3 or 4 way spilter fuse dist block cause i never really seen any in shops by my area ...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2239
nope. 2 15 Mags. and 2 1000/1s. then i think im going to either run 2 300/2s and a 300/4 or 2 450/4s

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6102
what speakers u gonna push with any 2 of those amps ,btw ? .....

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2243
ive got all kinds of ideas. for the front i was thinking maybe oz audio components with an extra pair of CDT titanium tweets with the volume controller. i was thinking at one point in time a 4 inch comp set (maybe CDT, diamond hex, or rainbow) and a tangbang 6.5 for midbass. i was thinking maybe xr653s, ZR650s, possible dls ur36, dls ur6s, and lately ive been thinking seas lotus performance set and maybe an extra pair of seas tweets with them. the rear i'll be worrying about later, but i want my front stge to be really good. clean crisp clear and LOUD. i like bright tweets. id do horns if they werent so big.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2244
oh and i might be able to get ZRs for 450 so im leaning towards that. but then again the seas lotus performance set are 450 and i get a warranty and they are suposed to be really good, i wish i could afford the reference set....

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6116
maybe u oughta do like this >>>>
Upload

LOL - Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2246
ahh no thanks lol. im going to make fiberglass inserts where my speaker grills are but im not going to cut or do anything to the door so i can make it stock again when she has to go.

Anonymous

ahh.... what the hell is that?? did some one get bored? what about imaging? oh i see your going for loud lol ive never seen that before.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2254
anon, 1- dont post as anon lol. 2- i will be angling my speakers for imaging, but i still want them to be loud.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us