ECLIPSE sw9102 ported

Bronze Member
Username: Moparx12

Post Number: 15
ok, im gonna go with one eclipse sw9102. since i am going with just one, i would like to make a ported box for it.

what do you guys recommend for optimum ported setup here? amp power, box volume, port design...

i like clean hard hitting bass for the most part, if that changes anything.

i will be looking to build this box with my brother this week so help with the design is appreciated.

thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
please help!

Bronze Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 22
call up eclipse and ask for the specs for a ported box. i did for my 15 ti and it sounds great. they didn't give specific sizes and angle though, just total cu. ft and port dimesions. i not an expert box builder but one thing to remember is to angle the the side that you mount the sub in 10+ degrees. if that side is parallel to the one behind it sound waves can bounce off and cancel out other waves causing a loss in sound quality. im not sure if this is as important in ported boxes as it is sealed, but it cannot hurt. make sure there is a good amount of clearance in front of the port, my friend forgot about that and only has 3 inches from the port to the side of his car.

Bronze Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 23
not sure about the 10 but my 15 is way underrated, im giving it 1200 rms in a ported box and it still doesn't reach full excursion. i think 1000 watts would be safe for the 10.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1536
1,000+ watts RMS. If you're shooting for more SQ than SPL, go with 2.5-3 cu/ft. ported to 35Hz. If you listen to Lil Jon or the alike, 32Hz would be a little more respectable.

Bronze Member
Username: Shepyjay

Ont Canada

Post Number: 24
sounds good jake

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
hey thanks jake, i dont listen to much of the hip hop and rap, i like rock and country the most. i also listen to techno from time to time. i am not sure if ported is even the right choice for me. i want the bass to hit hard but accurate. i have heard that the response with a ported box is delayed... is this true?
also, in the the doors i have eclipse 6.5" components that are 120 wrms and i have 100 watts rms power going to each channel. not sure how that eclipse is gonna balance with my mids and highs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
oops... not sure how that eclipse *subwoofer* is gonna balance with my mids and highs

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 547
does the arsenal or havoc have better sql? Whats the specs on the 2?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us