Help sub wiring Novice question.

Bronze Member
Username: Rmzracer

Bentonville, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 23
I thought i knew alot about car audio so im kinda embarassed to ask this but it would make my subs hit harder if i can do this. Ok I have a 2 channel amp and 2 alpine type r 12" dvc 4 ohm. Currently i have them wired in a series/ parrallel but to two seperate channels. A loop from a positive to a negitive, then run wires from the other positve and negitive to the amp on one channel. Now heres the question. Since i have two channels can I wire both subs seperatly in parrallel to my amp? this would be a 2 ohm load for each channel. I think i can but i really dont wanna burn my amp up. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Ironslave

Post Number: 94
Upload

Ok.... i'm confused... your saying you wired it like the pic above right?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5943
what amp ?........

Bronze Member
Username: Eeater

Post Number: 90
as log as your amp is 2 ohm stable then yes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
oh heh i get it N/M than... you will be fine as long as your amp is 2 ohm stereo stable.... most are....

hehe i got all azz backwards on your description

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
yeh the amp is two ohm stable. no the pic is wrong the sybs are currently not wired to one another. now another question. When wiring the subs in parrallel one power cord goes through all + and all - connections. Do i use two seperate power cords? like loop from + to + then another wire from + to amp? or is it supposed to be all one wire?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
well... to wire parallel you would run a seperate + cable to each + terminal and a - Cable From the Amp to each Terminal...

i guess going from amp + to VC+ to VC + would work...i dont see why not... and same for - it's still parallel... but it would be a more even distribution if you ran a seperate cable to each teminal... electricity takes the path of least resistance... so it would go to the 1st positive than trickle off to the next if you used one cable... technically.....

i would just split the cables at the input teminals from your box to your sub....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Current. but two subs
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
This is what i want to do but shady about how to wire it. so use a little wire from one vc to the other on the + then one wire from the last + to amp and same with -? sorry im a little confused.

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
wait a sec... maybe im wrong but i belive that would make an 8 Ohm load.... thats not parallel... thats a series circuit....

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
ok gosh.. your just gettin me jumbled up... your current is 8 Ohm... you want to move to 2 Ohm...
Parallel.

yea what i said earlier

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
you could do it like that..... its still a parallel curcuit...running one or the other... my only quirk is the laws of electricity... it would tend to push toward the 1st circuit but it's not that big of a differentce... its not like your running 3 feet of cable to get from one positive to the other

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
so correct me if im wrong but the + terminal i run to the amp will have 2 wires in it. one from the + to + loop and one to the amp.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5946
dude - up til now u have stil NOT posted what amp model u have so we r all still in the dark .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
heres your options.... it'dosent truely matter which one you use... although i perfer 2...Upload

i would just feel safer with option 2

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
yea... what amp do you have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
DUDE its a power acoustik 1920 its stable at 2 ohm so thats all i care about

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5949
ok ur amp does

4 Ohm Rms : 370W x 2CH
2 Ohm Rms : 440W x 2CH

so simply connect each sub like this to each chan....Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
thanks ima finish this paper up then go hook er up. That should make these puppies thump.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us