WIRING TWO MONO AMPS

Username: Manwithneeds

ATLANTA, GA

Post Number: 2
I GOT TWO MONO CLASS D,AMPS RUNNING 2000WATTS EACH, AND YAH THEY HIT THE MAX.I ALSO GOT TWO SUBS HITTING 2000 WATTS. I NEED TO HAVE ONE AMP ON EACH SUB TO POWER THEM...GETTING ONE AMP OF 4000WATTS COST LITTLE TOO MUCH. IF I GOT EACH AMP WIRED TO EACH SUB SERPERATLEY, HOW WOULD I CONNECT OR WIRE THE AMPS TOGETHER?????? ANYONE HELP!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5701
" AND YAH THEY HIT THE MAX"

Doubt it, what are using, do u have an electrical system upgrade

Any way, u need power distribution block, a ground distribution block and an extra set of patch cables and remote wire

Username: Manwithneeds

ATLANTA, GA

Post Number: 4
BEEN TESTED DUDE..BE REAL AITE...JUST CASUE I GOT THA REAL DEAL DONT HATE.

ANYWAY, YOUR INFO REALLY HELPS ME... NOT!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5711
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 397
Aite?....

You cant just "wire" 2 subs together...they have to be strapable..master/slave options.

Like Chauncey SAID, run a distro block as this will save on time and money and space as you will be running one wire then splitting it to both amps, 2nd set of RCA wires and REM wire.

And when your amp "HIT THE MAX" you will know cause your bass will cut out and your car will be full of smoke, so put a fire extinguisher next to those Pyramid amps!

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 967
you need to split the RCA's, if you only have one set of sub outputs on your headunit you do not want two different sigals goin to each sub

run good rcas and get two splitters so you can hook the same rca pair to each amp, therfore giving the same signal to each amp

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 974
you may actauly not need to split the rcas...because i think the same signal comes from all rca outs so if you have two outputs on your hedunit, u may be able to just run each pair to an amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us