Hmm, an idea for me.

Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 9
So i've got an eclipse ti right now, and i want to get a new xxx whenever it comes out. matter of fact im gonna get one when it comes out. and im planning on building a box around 5 ish cubes. i've got a design thought up and drawn up. but need help with slot ports.

pictures of what i've got in mind...
Upload
Upload

with a plexiglass rear wall about 1 inch thick.

so what i want is either one big port, or two smaller ports where it would be tuned to 32 hz. i want slot ports. someone help me out and show me a direct link to find these forumlas, please lol. but yeah the box design is different, its cause of the space i'm workin with. and im gonna stack the amps behind the sub on a amp rack. thanks for the help guys

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2158
what will the actual gross volume of your enclosure be?

i used to diminsions in the pics, but it didnt add up to ~5cuft...actually ended up being more like 4cuft.(or less)

those measurments are external right? with 3/4" walls?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
yeah they are external, good call. and im gonna double the front up. 3/4" mdf is what im using. and i was wondering why my numbers were so high when i was calculating. i had originall had it 16 tall and 14 deep. not 16 tall and 10 deep. which would give it another 1.1 cu ft. and im not worrying about exact interal air volume. it wont make much of a difference from 4.7-5.1, right?

but back ot the question, how would i go about getting the right size port?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2163
Are you saying that the 10" measurement should be 14"? (if so, that force the 17" measurment to be 21")

if your use 3/4" MDF and double the font wall...and those measurments are external, you will get 4.57cuft (gross).

try a slot-port w/ 50sq inches of port 31" long. that would tune to the box to ~32hz and give you roughly 3.5cuft (net). (David from RE said that the new XXX12's would like 3cuft...you may wanna think about a slightly smaller box)

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1844
dont make the entire back panal plexi, it wont be strong enough i think. for a major sub with such a big window you should get like 1.5inch thick which idk if they have. just make like a 12x12 window... still 1 inch thick. JMHO what you think marshal?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
good ideas, and i havent asked about anything yet except ratings and all that. but if they say 3.5 cubes then ill make it 3.5 cubes. im just brain storming. and good idea with the plexi, i just wanna do something different with it. they look so pretty =)

and marshall how did you calculate that tuning? just for later notice so i dont have to bug anyone next time lol

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2171
http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us