Mixing SPL and SQ

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 767
ok having like JL subs that are mainly SQ what are the best SPL speakers? or is it bad to mix sound like that? my friend said the best wones he's heard were pioneer 4 way 6x9's i dont' like pioneer so yea.. what do you guys think?

Anonymous

why would you get sq subs and spl mids?

Anonymous

why would you get sq subs and spl mids?

Silver Member

Post Number: 770
to sound better? idk... lol... what would sound best? like SQL subs and SPL mids or what? whats a good combo?

Anonymous

what would sound best is sq subs and mids...

Anonymous

but i mean, if your gona go sq for subs, why the h3ll not mids as well ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 773
idk.. to get it to sound louder? what would be the best thing to do? SQ mids and subs? i want it loud... SQ gets loud right??

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 560
get a 6 1/2 inch component set in the front. 6x9s are horrible for any type of SQ. if you get a nice set for the front yoy will not need any rear fill.

depeneding on how much you want to spend there are alot of different brands.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1124
I could see SQL/SPL subs with good SQ components on the inside to try balance off. But not the other away around!

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 296
what about if you have a mixture of SQ subs and SPL subs wouldnt that sound good?

Silver Member

Post Number: 774
I HAVE NO CLUE... guys i have no clue, JL is SQ right? what would the BEST SYSTEM be, like speakers tweeders and subs EVERYTHING!!

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 611
yes JL is SQ also some lines are SQL. I'll use my sytem for example of what i think is pretty decent SQL and SQ mids and highs. I have 3 JL 12w3v2 and Jl XR components. It gets loud trust me. thats just my personal example. If anything you should get better sounding mids and highs than lows you can almost mask the not so great sounding subs w/ clear sounding mids and highs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us