Need info about amps

Username: Mrbockbagok

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
Hello im new to car audio and need some help. I just bought an alpine deck (9855 i belive), and a alpine type R 12' 2 Ohm dvc. Do to limited space in my car (acura integra 91') i only want one sub. Is there a way to hook up my 2 Ohm sub to a amp to get a 2 Ohm load? Or should i have bought a 4ohm sub to do that? if not then can you recomend a amp that is 1 Ohm stable? Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5405
nope no way to hook that up, if it where dvc 4 ohm then u could

Quick Guide

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Username: Mrbockbagok

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 2
Hey thanks, thats what i thought. So then my options are to get a mono 1 Ohm amp at around 500w rms and hook my sub up to it to get one Ohm. Or get a amp that puts out around 500w rms at 4 Ohms. Then hook my sub up to the amp to get 4 Ohms right? Which would be better? I like deep hard bass the kind that you feel in your gut, and also i need it to handle difficult bass notes. Im really new at this but i think i understand it. Thank You

Unregistered guest
red light on amp comes on when i turn it on, i know thats bad, it should be green, why is it red??? what have i done wrong?? i wired it up excatly like the instructions said. someone please help a gal that just wants loud sounds!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1467
ohm load on amp, what subs and how many voice coilsex, dual 4ohm subs. is the amp bridged/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us