How to set the bass boost on a amp

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 131
Is there a right or a wrong way to set the bass boost on a amp?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2113
if you set your gain correctly...bass boost is pretty much useless.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1065
some people say dont use it, but i use a little of it. it all depends on how your have everything else set. I normally have all bass cut on my hu.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1066
cutout**

lol

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5549
i don't use it cause imo it tends 2 muddy up bass in certain songs so i leave mines @ 0......

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2385
hmmm i have mine set at 3. i always had mine there. i do notice some muddyness so tomorrow i am going to tyr it at 0 too.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 182
But are you talking about bass boost on subs or other? Polo..

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1085
their talkin about the bass boost on the amplifer. I never noticed it being muddy; I know Ive had it all the way up b4 and everything seem A-OK. <<I know thats scarry. lol (I had the steering wheel & coloumn move 1/2 inche in my hands back & fourth)
^^ It was just tooo tooo much 4 me, so I normally set mines like 9oclock or even 11oclock.

It has alot to do with the amplifier in this case. Too much boost will surely introduce clippin.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1086
The bass boost also will effect clipping more without the proper charging system. The amp will use more current when bass boost is being used.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 184
I turn my HU about 7/8 the way up make sure it is all clean (no bass) when all is good an mids and highs are clean I introduce the bass from 20hz to about 45hz and then I can control weather or not it clips or how dirty it sounds. I have up to 18db of bass range which is awesome and in the past I never used a remote bass control just jockey'd back and forth to the trunk. I hat nasty dirty bass and with a signal processor I make sure it all sounds clean. Now if I can only keep my car from rattling to pieces, lol. My catylitic conver cover is now rattling.... :-)

PS- 10dbs of bass boost between 20 and 34hz is wicked! :-O

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
so i can set the bass boost anywhere i want aslong as the amp has a proper charging system?

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
bump

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1106
I would say so, as long as the amp has enough current to alter the signal to boost the bass. Then yes; thats saying the your subwoofers can handle the bass boost. =D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us