New System almost Complete / Mo's System

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3068
Ive decided to run CDT HD62 set up front in the stock door panals and mount the tweeter close to the midrange. I will power them off the ppi a600.2 and use the HU crossovers at 12db @ 100hz

I am either going to use CDT CL-6EX Coaxials for the rearfill or Infinity Referance 6.5 2 ways and run them off the Pioneer Premier 860 HU 22 watts rms a piece to each replacing the stock 6x9's and again use the HU crossovers at 12db @ 100-125hz or whatever sounds best. What do you guys say.

I will use my PPI PCX 2200 on my ID MAX 12 once i get it from cardomain.com and run it at 800 x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged.

or i could use my ppi a600.2 on the ID MAX 12 and the ppi pcx 2200 on the CDT HD62 set up front. Not 100% sure at the moment on which amp to use on the ID MAX 12 yet.

Maybe you all can help me decide...

p.s. KnuKonceptz wiring and Excessive Amperage HO 180-200A alternator being built by Nathan.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2368
sounds good MO. one question though. when you set the crossovers from you hu does that mean you are going to turn off the crossover on your amp? that is how i did it and it sounds much better in my car. my four channel amps are playing the music to my speakers at full frequency but i have the filter set on the hu at 125hz and now it has a better blend with the subs.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3071
Yes, turn off the crossovers on your amp if you plan to use your HU. and vice versa the other way around.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5522
i have those Inf Ref in my back doors as well as front stage (used my HU fader 2 lessen the vol 2 the rear speakers) but all is powered with my Alpine F545 amp .

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189456.html

These Inf Refs play very loud but imo i think they lack in upper bass range of freqs

Don't know if u will get the desired results from just HU's 22wrms - also own that 860 HU .....

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3072
Thanks for you input rovin. Im considering the CDT CL-6EX coaxials also and CDT emailed me saying they do well off 22 watts rms from the HU. Infinity also sounds good i hear off the HU. Also deciding on which amp to use on my ID MAX 12 when i get it. art600.2 or ppi pcx 2200

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5526
what kinda ride u have ,btw ?...

it looks good http://www.ultimate-sounds.com/cdtaudio/38.htm

http://www.audio-n-more.com/thestore/CLASSIC_SERIES.html

they^^^ also sell IDmax
u might as well go with a all CDT speaker setup

Don't know much about those amps - if $ were no object i'd pick a 1000/1 2 compliment a sub as nice as that IDmax is expected 2 play .....

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3074
Actually the PPI ART series and PC AND PCX are better in my opinion and cleaner then the JL 1000/1 because the ppi's are class AB which are cleaner and the ppi pcx 2200 has a built in fan even. They are not like today's ppi amplifiers. These are very rare and one of the best amps made.

I do like the CDT CL-6EX better then the CL-6X because the EX has the silk dome tweeter compared to the metal dome. I have the Infinity Referance 6.5 2 Way's already. Im not sure if i should keep them or go with the CDT CL-6EX instead.

Here is a usefull tips on Speaker Placement http://www.cdtaudio.com/speaker_placement.htm

Im going to have to let my installer know to use a 3/4 mdf wood baffle so the midbass speaker of my component set sticks out like the picture below.

Upload

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5534
yea thats all perfectly true on that link

i was going 4 the sleeper/stock look in my ride & i admit - the easiest way to do it -lol

DLS makes some good mono amps that are class A/B but its expensive .........

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3075
My preferances are PPI ART,PC,PCX / Zapco / Arc Audio to name a few of my favorite amplifier componies.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3076
Ive decided to run CDT HD62 set up front in the stock door panals and mount the tweeter close to the midrange. I will power them off the ppi a600.2 and use the HU crossovers at 12db @ 100hz

I am either going to use CDT CL-6EX Coaxials for the rearfill or Infinity Referance 6.5 2 ways and run them off the Pioneer Premier 860 HU 22 watts rms a piece to each replacing the stock 6x9's and again use the HU crossovers at 12db @ 100-125hz or whatever sounds best. What do you guys say.

I will use my PPI PCX 2200 on my ID MAX 12 once i get it from cardomain.com and run it at 800 x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged.

or i could use my ppi a600.2 on the ID MAX 12 and the ppi pcx 2200 on the CDT HD62 set up front. Not 100% sure at the moment on which amp to use on the ID MAX 12 yet.

Maybe you all can help me decide...

p.s. KnuKonceptz wiring and Excessive Amperage HO 180-200A alternator being built by Nathan.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3077
What do you think james ?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5033
I would run these in your rear MO http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-Audio-VR-650-CXi-Coaxial-6-5-2-way-Speakers-NEW-05_W0QQit emZ5865055409QQcategoryZ18799QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem they sound nice and for that price you can't go wrong.:-) As far as the amp situation are your cdt's 4 ohms? if they are bridge the front and rear speakers to the a600 for 150 watts/piece:-) in this case I would run these http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-AUDIO-XR-650-XR650-cxi-COAXIAL-6-5-SPEAKERS-NEW-05_W0QQit emZ5866890819QQcategoryZ18799QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. I would run your pcx 2200 to your ID max that is a perfect match for it. As far as PPI art being better then JL 1000/1 it is kind of a bad comparison because they are two different class' of amps. But if it is any consilation the same guy who built PPI art series amps does now build the JL slash series amps so they are very similar in build quality.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3078
All my speakers in my car are 4 ohm
So your saying i could run the ppi a600.2 at 600 x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged and send 150 x 2 @ 4 ohm to the front and 150 x 2 @ 4 ohm the the rear ? Is that even possible ? If it is then im going to be pleasantly surprised and even more impressed with this amp. I will just run my CDT's up front and go with this for my rearfill and power them up off the HU or if possible of the a600.2 http://www.cdtaudio.com/classislimcoaxial.htm

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3080
Tried iming you today james.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5041
yeah I just got home man. If you bridge that amp stereo to a 2ohm load you get 300x2. You would run 150 watts to each of your 4 speakers. The only thing you lose is the ability to fade but that depends how important that is to you. Then I would run your ppi pcx 2200 at 800 to you id max.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3087
That is really good to know but what midbass 6.5 speaker or coaxial whould you recommend ? The JL XR-650 ? Will that sound good IB to replace the Stock 6x9's ?

Also i posted about the Avalanche 15 box again so let me know if your cousin wants it. Im trying to get rid of it asap.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3088
That is really good to know but what midbass 6.5 speaker or coaxial whould you recommend ? The JL XR-650 ? Will that sound good IB to replace the Stock 6x9's ? Maybe 150 rms is to much to run to the rearfill now that i really think about it. lol

Also i posted about the Avalanche 15 box again so let me know if your cousin wants it. Im trying to get rid of it asap.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5042
yeah I just got home man. If you bridge that amp stereo to a 2ohm load you get 300x2. You would run 150 watts to each of your 4 speakers. The only thing you lose is the ability to fade but that depends how important that is to you. Then I would run your ppi pcx 2200 at 800 to you id max.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5043
yea the xr's will sound good IB in your rear doors. As far as that box goes I have been playing phone tag with him but he is a pain in the azz if you know what I mean. I think he should buy it because I will be damned if I am going to build a box and carpet it for him while he sit's on his Azz and does nothing to help. I will try again to get in touch with him tomorrow. Like I said don't wait on him if you can sell it go for it it's his loss not mine.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3091
Yeah, i havent really put this up on ebay or anything like that yet. Just give me the heads up tommorow and make a post on here or find me on aim.

By the way i dont have rearfill in the doors. I have them on the back windshield behind the passenger headrests that bascially lead to the trunk once taken out.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3093
Right now its a tossup between this http://www.cdtaudio.com/classislimcoaxial.htm

and

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-dK2lQzLWJKf/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=52000&I=1086012I

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5051
well the xr's will sound good in your rear hatch also. for the same price MO I would go wiht the JL's all day long over both of those.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3095
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_components.php?comp_id=126

or

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_components.php?comp_id=119

If i go with the XR's then ill have to use the ppi a600.2 and not the HU in stereo at 300 x 2 @ 2 ohm but will i need to run new speaker wire to it or anything. Never ran 4 speakers of a 2 channel so im not sure.

Bob365
Unregistered guest
Since you're thinking 600W to the components and 800W to the sub, have you seriously considered just skipping the rear fills? Rear fills will hurt your SQ some and probably not add anything to your SPL. I'd at least try it out before buying additional speakers.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5057
well yes you will have to run speaker wires from your rear deck to your amp which is very very easy given your type of vehicle. I run the jl vr 650's as my rear fill with my a/d/s' off my ppi 480 and they sound nice:-) no complaints here. The thing is the vr's wont handle 150 watts but the xr's will. Personally thats what I would do but if you don't want to go through the hastle it will sound good the Orig way you wanted to do it also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us