Good class ab amp for mids

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 133
i know the jl audio 300/2 is good, and I talked to a rep from somewhere and he was harping about rockford p-series. i have heard they are not what they used to be. can anyone recommend me a class a/b amp that is in the same range in quality and wattage as the jl? i hear diamond and eclipse are good, but I want to be certain.(specific models would be appreciated). planning to power some d661.s's with it, OR is is pretty much if you go two channel you are getting class ab amps?? thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3069
Arc Audio and Zapco and PPI ART on ebay

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5031
ppi a600.2

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11105
zapco reference series amplifiers are very solid amps, elegant looking, and affordable.
worth a look.

the PPI art series are good, but with no built in crossovers, you'd need to build your own or have one in the ehad unit etc.. this was before every feature imaginable got built into amplifiers as standard practice.
just FYI

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
glass u think i could get by with a REF200.2 amp or do I need the 350.2 amp by zapco, those diamonds are rated at 100 watts rms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
glass u think i could get by with a REF200.2 amp or do I need the 350.2 amp by zapco, those diamonds are rated at 100 watts rms.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11110
the 200.0 should be fine if all it's driving are components.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
well pretty sold on that amp man, just was reading on it. think i have decided on diamond d661.s for the front stage with that amp pushing them. i think it will do well. Would you recommend any other particular components??

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11120
sounds good.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3089
I kind of like how the ppi art's are plain and consistant and clean and powerfull. Most HU's today have built in crossovers like my Premier 860 / You only use one set of crossover anyways. Amp or HU. The ppi art dont confuse people since they only have a gain and you control everything else from the HU or a seperate crossover.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5044
well atleast you know where they put all the design and labor into:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
yeah those puppies are pretty hard to find though.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 5056
http://cgi.ebay.com/Precision-Power-A600-2-w-PPI-manual-clean-sound_W0QQitemZ586 6039944QQcategoryZ18796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us