JL 12W1v2 or 10W1v2 any good at lower volumes?

Username: Ianvissers

Post Number: 5
everyone seems to be pointing me towards JL. Would prob be running two on 150rms @ 4 ohm each. sound like a good buy and what amp and wiring setup is recomended. remember lower volumes and price is a factor. Stereo? mono? ported? not ported box?

Bronze Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 54
great choice, my buddy has 2 JL 10w0's in a sealed box with grille covers, powered by a slightly underrated 260W amp, he has had them for like 7 years, and those little subs are still poundin and soundin great! I would highly recommend the 10w0's, so If the new w1v2's are indeed better sounding, then STOP THINKING AND BUY. They put out nothing short of amazing sound for the power. And I would definitely go sealed. Unless you buy one of the JL "power wedge" boxes with 2 subs already loaded.

Bronze Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 55
Oh, to answer your other questions:

Yes, they have great low volume sound quality.
Any good 300 watt amp will do. Check http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic for Good brands.
Wiring, go to any internet retailer and buy an 8 gauge power wire kit for around 25 bucks or so. Make sure it has a fuse holder and composite RCA audio cable.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 601
the thing that amazed me about my w3v2 subs is that they sound very good at all levels even when i turn my stereo really down you can still hear a very clear and clean bass line. JL is a great choice for SQ i never been dissappointed by any JL audio sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Bassiloveu

Post Number: 13
i have 2 13W1V2's in a ported box with a 1700 Kenwood that is awsome the 13W1V2'r are the way to go if u want loud and clear for not a lot of money where i get my sterio stuff from i get 1 13W1 for $169 with a 3 year warenty
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us