MAX safe power for a Re sx15?

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 157
I have a Kicker sx1250.1 driving one righ now but I have an extra amp laying around, could i strap'em to get the 2400+ watts and have it be safe for one sub or no? Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1797
no, in order for you to hook up 2 amps to the sub (1 each VC) they need to be the same amp. also, even if you have 2 of the same amps, not all can be strapped( to act as one amp)

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 164
So what is the actual MAX safe power? The reason I ask is because some are very under rated and some are very over rated. I was also told not to go over the 1000rms rating and I have heard that person is full of it too, lol.. Polo. :-O

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 569
I gave the SX 1000w RMS (probably closer to 1100w RMS) and it took it easily.

Remember, power handling is based on the enclosure, install, listening habits,etc... Also, knowing what you're doing plays a big role.

Based off of my experience, I think it could take 1600w RMS. However, the gains from the extra wattage would not be worth it, IMO, for a daily setup. There are plenty of other ways to get more out of the sub while keeping the same power. That amp is great and is pushing the sub just fine. I just dont think changing amps would be worth the time and money.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 180
RE recommends 1000-1200RMS. I'm not quite sure what to think right now because I blew one or my SX15s and its only running off a Vega EXL1000D @ 14.4v. Soon as I have time I'm going to pull the sub out and see what happened. Might have just been a faulty sub.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1080
Kevin:
did u have a HO alternator? what size wires goin to the amp? did u use bass boost? Were they clipping? What was the gain set to?

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 183
No H/O alt was on yet. I'm running one Optima Yellow Top plus the stock battery with 0awg wiring to a distribution block splitting it into two 4awg per amp. I'm uncertain exactly what the settings were but as soon as I get my truck back later today I'll post it.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1098
OK Post back with us.
HO alternator is important, you cant stress it enough! Amp must not have been getting enough current, so it output a dc voltage instead of ac. =(

Username: Thunderforce

Netherlands

Post Number: 7
Optimas suck big time, you could better go look for a Northstar Battery, there a lot cheaper and they got more juice. We use em in the Netherlands for SPL

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1101
Kinetic batts will SPANK Optimas all day long, NO comparison!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us