Help Subwoofer Prices

Bronze Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 78
What would you pay for 2 SI mag 12's shipped? And how would it compare to 2 RE SE 12's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
bump

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1447
No idea, try posting it with a different thread name. Try something like RE SE vs. SI Mag instead...

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 208
SE's are not in the same class as the Mags. The Mags have much better SQ and way more output. The output of the Mag is comparable to the XXX while the SQ is top notch and personally beats out all of the RE subs in SQ. The low end is incredible. As for price, MSRP which SI now sells them at is 499$ per 12. If you email me i'll be able to help you on the price of them. sales@alteraudiousa.com

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 209
hey colby you should try and meet up with me when I come down to Myrtle in May. Hopefully you'll have the Mags then.

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 126
hey alteraudio you really think those mags are better in sq? im asking you cause i dont know lol And did you test the subs to hear the difference.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Alteraudiousa, I have sent you an email, please check.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 213
yep they were tested. The SE aren't even as good as the W7 in SQ and the Mag beat the W7. We did blind testing on them, same power, same box, same sizes. But then again the SE and the Mag aren't in the same price range. The SE's have very good SQ for the price but the Mag will murder it on the low end. I don't really care for a sub with a higher extension like the SE, Ov.2 and RL-p has. The higher extension allows it to blend better with midrange but if you have a good frontstage than the higher extension is a waste and suffers on the low end which subs are to excel in. The Mag is best up to 80hz, it can do 100hz but I don't see much of a difference. Get a good set of comps that will go down to 80hz and cross it with a steep slope, 18hz or more. Enjoy the music and love the bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us