Arsenal 12's are installed!

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 894
There is good and bad about them. The bad is just personal bad but overall they are awesome. They weigh a ton compared to my RE's. Anyway the bad is this, with the same power my RE re's beat it out decently in SPL (I have 225rmsX2 to them) which is understandable becuase they are designed for a TON more power. The good is this, they sound musical and hit perfectly clean and accurate like I have never heard in my life.

I have the Kicker KX450.2 right now (225rmsX2@4 ohms). I am thinking about selling the amp to my friend and buying the Orion 600D. It is 600rmsX1@1 ohm. That would work with my subs and not kill my electrical system. Is that orion underrated and what is your all's opinions?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1717
how many arsenals u got? if u have 2 id get the orion 1200D.
then they will get really loud

Silver Member

Post Number: 895
I have 2. But first off I can't afford that and second off my electrical system can't handle that. And I can't save my money because I have to save up for college.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2334
you would be underpowering those subs with the orion 600. i no it will still sound decent but you wouldn't be hearing the full potential of those subs. spending an extra few hundred dollars to buy a better amp and alt isn't going to stop you from going to college. if you are so determined to save up for college then you shouldn't have bought a system for your car.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1718
man that sux dude...id get at least an 800rms@1 amp
because that definatly underpowering the arsenal

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5457
if u could post some pics of ur set up - it will be nice .........

Gold Member

Post Number: 1719
man that sux dude...id get at least an 800rms@1 amp
because that definatly underpowering the arsenal...
if u can handle 1000 watts then get this
http://www.electronicgiant.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_158_119&product s_id=7134&osCsid=228aed69d0d93d261b438c085ab2099f

Anonymous

whey dosent this guy connect just one to his amp lol LMMAO hes trying to power two arsenals with a kicker 450.2 you made my day man this is the fuinniest sh!t i've heard in a while. This is ven stupider than lil john blew my l7.

Silver Member

Post Number: 896
obviously anon you know nothing. Read up on something called OHMS. You can't just run any sub off any amp and properly power it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1721
yea seriously

Silver Member

Post Number: 897
What is your all's opinion on the Orion 600D? I am thinking of bumping up to that instead of my Kicker KX450.2

Gold Member

Post Number: 1725
it is more powerful...from wat i hear its under rated.
but get an 800D of something if possible man

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 639
whats the ohm on your subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1726
dual 4 ohm thomas...thats all they come in

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 142
Couldn't you use a 2 ohm/150watt resister to add the extra load? Polo..

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 144
http://cgi.ebay.com/Resistor-2-ohm-50watt-1-Dale-Resistors-20_W0QQitemZ758798825 5QQcategoryZ4664QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

A few of these and you are ready to go. A load is a load, just ask any H00Ker, lol... Polo :-O

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1444
No offense, but that was a pretty dumb comment...

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 364
Wow. So someone else got some arsez... I just got my 2 15" arsenals yesterday and I put them in my dual chambered sealed box(2.5 cuft and 1.5 lbs of polyfill per chamber) in my buddys cadillac (identical to mine lol) and WOW. amazing. They were powered by a kx1200.1 @ 1ohm They were screaming for evan more power..(and they were prolly gettin more like 700 a piece)

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 365
Anyone else using AA products?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1221
i thought the 15inch arsenals only came in dvc2ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1222
ohh my bad im thinking of the havoc.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1727
im getting an arsenal :-)

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 146
No offense, but that was a pretty dumb comment...

Wasn't meant to be a dumb comment but a JOKE, you know sense of humor. Dumb or not, the idea of the dummy load is pretty smart, didn't hear you come up with the idea...No offense taken.. Polo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 898
Any really good amps that aren't too expensive that are 600-800 watts such as an ORION 600D? Would I notice much difference going from say, 450rms to 650rms? I need to keep the fuse size around 65 or less amps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 899
bump

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Phoenix, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 419
I say: go ahead and get the amp within your 65amp fuse range. Then, why don't you just get a capasitor to go with your amp so that when your electrical system falls short (when the bass hits hard), the capasitor can supply the quick juice. They recharge instantly and I think they work fairly well in my opinion.
Does anyone else agree?
I have one and it works.
(worse come to worse... you can sell your subs to me if you decide not to get the amp.)
lol
just kidding... but seriously.
lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
Also, I recommend the Digital Audio class D mono 900watt amp. It's 1 ohm stable! It lists for $900, but I bought mine for approx. $350 from Audio Clubhouse. Granted, that was a year ago...
but I'm just trying to help. I believe the model # is DAD9004? or 5?
I bought my capacitor there too... approx. $150.
Yep. That's my advise. I'm very happy with it, too. I'm 99.9% sure you will be as well.
Good luck to you, my friend!
(let me know if you do decide to buy one - I'd love to know I actually gave good productive advise, you know?)

Silver Member

Post Number: 421
s,h,i,t!
i'm sorry, bro.
I forgot...
that amp has 3 30amp fuses on it.
But if you look into that manufacturers products, I'm sure a similar model # will do you just fine.
Remember... Digital Audio at Audio Clubhouse.
Peace!

Silver Member

Post Number: 900
I am thinking the Orion probably puts out 700-750rms? even though it is rated at 600... For a 50 amp fuse and for being orion I Think that might work.

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 149
I have had a lot of good experiences with the Pheonix Gold Xenon line. I have a 1200.1 that just pumps the power out and is very good on your electrical system. I have found them very cheap on e-bay looksy here http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-XENON-X600-1-600-WATT-PHOENIX-GOLD-MONOBLOCK-AMP_W0QQite mZ5864840038QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can use this amp in any configuration and still put out the max rated power from 1 to 4 ohms. Polo.. :-O

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2343
imo i think if you get the orion 600d then i would just use one sub. it will still get loud and sound better in a nice enclosure.

nakitaindian
Unregistered guest
Could 2 12" arsenals compare to 1 15" X.X.X in spl. I want to change my system, to have tighter and cleaner bass, but i don't want to lose much spl. Anyone have an opinion? i think i saw that the arsenals were equivelant to the avalanche? Thanks

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 153
I don't know about the arsenals but the XXX is more an SPL sub, maybe a pair of SX 15s?

nakitaindian
Unregistered guest
Could 2 12" arsenals compare to 1 15" X.X.X in spl. I want to change my system, to have tighter and cleaner bass, but i don't want to lose much spl. Anyone have an opinion? i think i saw that the arsenals were equivelant to the avalanche? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 537
the XXX is NOT an spl sub. more sql. it has great sq.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 244
Whoah.. that's kind of weird. um i just tried to figure out if the 2 12's would move more air than the 15 but the xxx would still move more. The xxx in my opinion isn't very good on sq. i have the sql box, 4 cubes tuned to 27 hz and it doesn't sound all that great, i would chose 2 12's arsenals anyday for sq over the xxx. i just don't want to lose loudness for quality so i'm in a bind. i guess i need re-assurance sort of, to know if buying those two subs would be the right move..

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1280
So am I the only one on here that bought Assassins?

If so, I feel sort of, "blah" so to speak in comparison to you Arsenal people...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5016
how much are you getting the orion 600 for? I am sorry but the 50 amp fuse thing just really isnt adding up to 600 watts or more that must be one amazingly efficient amp! I would look inot more like a kicker 600.1 since the new line came out I bet you can find one pretty cheap. I would go kicker over new orion.

Silver Member

Post Number: 901
well, is Orion bad or anything? Because the 600D is a perfect fit for me because it is 1 ohm stable unlike the kicker.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2360
scratch that comment i made earlier about using one sub with the orion 600d. i forgot that the sub was dual 4ohm. using the orion 600 would be alot better than the kicker you have right now.

Bronze Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 53
DUDE. The biggest mistake ever. Don't underpower your subs! Search high and low and you will find the RIGHT amp for those subs for a price you can afford. Don't just get overexcited and buy something you are gonna regret later, like I did with my shitty power acoustik mofo 12 hooked to my 1000 watts, when I could have gotten 2 alpine type r's and been twice as loud and sound better...

Bronze Member
Username: Vic_in_explorer

Sanford, Florida United States

Post Number: 31
i just got four arsenal 15s for my explorer. Should i go ported or sealed.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1819
sealed you will be like holy sh.t thats loud. and ported you will be like why the h3ll did i get 4 of these? lol and both will be extremely great sounding as long as you get them in a nice enclosure and power them well.

Bronze Member
Username: Vic_in_explorer

Sanford, Florida United States

Post Number: 32
Thanks for the info Trevor You must really like ascendant audio

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3098
Im deciding on 2 Arsenal 12's or just 1 Arsenal 15 right now. I have a crossfire vr1000D that can do 1000 x 1 @ 1 ohm or 500 x 1 @ 2 ohm / I may go with 2 12's and run them off the 1000 watts rms or just 1 Arsenal 15 and run it off 500 watts rms or more since the amp is unregulated

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3099
k

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3100
This thread isnt posting up

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3101
Im deciding on 2 Arsenal 12's or just 1 Arsenal 15 right now. I have a crossfire vr1000D that can do 1000 x 1 @ 1 ohm or 500 x 1 @ 2 ohm / I may go with 2 12's and run them off the 1000 watts rms or just 1 Arsenal 15 and run it off 500 watts rms or more since the amp is unregulated

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 398
i just got my 12" aresenal today and since i havent made a box yet, which i will do this weekend, i just put it in my brothers car so it can break in and since i ride with him everyday to school anyways. its only being power with 300 watts and it sounds pretty good.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3103
Thats good to hear matt. I liked the avalanche 15 but i hope the arsenal plays well at higher freq also where the avalanche 15 dominated down low mostly. I like subs to have all around impact
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us