Is this overpriced? RE XXX15" and mtx 1501d

Username: Giro888

Dublin, CA US

Post Number: 2
this guy is selling a RE 15" XXX in a ported box, along with an MTX 1501D amp. he wants $800, is this price reasonable? i did some research, the amp msrp is $510, and the average selling price ive seen is around $400. i see a 12" xxx on ebay for about 390 right now, so i assume the 15" would be more than that, plus the box is already made. i dunno the specs of the box, but i just want some opinions if this is overpriced or not.

text from ad

"Price is firm, louder than any 13in Jl Audio W7, guaranteed, come hear it. Amp is modded to run stable at 1ohm and lower, puts out an amazing 2000 watts rms at 1ohm. Sub weighs in at 50lbs comes with a SPL ported box measures 27in long, 22in deep, and 16in tall. Perfect install for a SUV like an escalade or gmc. THIS SETUP IS LOUD AS F^CK!!! TRUST ME IT WILL GIVE YOU THE FATTEST HEADACHE AND SOUND DAMN GOOD. 650 270 8335

woofer is made by re audio, dual 2 ohm 15in subwoofer, weighs in at 50lbs handles 1600 watts rms, 2500 max.

amp is made by mtx audio, very powerful amp with very strong internals, does 1500 @ 2ohms, and modded for 2000 @ 1ohm, can run .50 for competitions and burps."

all comments are welcome.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5268
If everything where brand new i would jump on it, since it comes with the box assuming it where built to specs... 800 is pretty steep u could get a setup just as loud with the same sq for much less

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 191
depends on physical condition of both products. The amp seems a little high and modding it takes away any form of warranty more than likely. I thought the MTX came ready to run at 1ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4694
no I owned the 81000d same as 1501d just different shell and the 1501d is uglier no chrome LOl and it comes two ohms stable only the mod makes it 1 ohm stable but it shortens the life of the amp......as a matter od fact I just sold mine on ebay for 255 used in excellent condition im no longer going to need that kind of power anymore
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us