Help on getting a sony AMP

Username: Markysparky

Hobart, Tas Australia

Post Number: 1
Hey just brought a new Sony XPLOD XS-L122P5 12" 1200 WATT Subwoofer 4-OHM , and some SONY XPLOD 6x9 300 WATT 3-WAY SPEAKERS, and also got some Sony Xplod XS-F1622 130 WATT 6" Speakers that came with cd player wondering what type of amp should look at purchasing for my new system thanks heaps
mark
p.s Can get Sony Xplod XM-2200GTX Competition 2 Channel Amplifier 1200 Watts for $89US ???

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1402
if you buy that amp, your only going to use that for the sub bridged if it is a single 4ohm sub. And you are going to have to keep the amp down, that sub will not handle 1200w

Hobart, Tas Australia

Post Number: 2
ok no worries what type of amp should i look getting not looking at spending to much just another to power it for the sub and a bit spare to be safe incase up grade the size of the front speekers to about 300 watts or somethink thanks heaps regards mark

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1424
you will only be able to run sub off the 2 channel, if trying to run door speakers also, then you can go with a 4 channel and bridge the 3 and 4 channel providing it is a single 4ohm or dual 2ohm sub.

Hobart, Tas Australia

Post Number: 3
ok kool no worries would you happen to no any sony amps i should look at purchasing also should i just put sub thru amp or put rear 300 watt 3 way speakers on it to or no use just go thru cd ???

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5494
the answer would be 2 skip anything sony if possible

http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Bronze Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 42
i agree with Rovin...sony is terrible..like saying a bad word in car audio circles
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us