Keeping amp cool

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 647
how do i keep my amp cool? it gets REALLY hot, i have my fans mounted on it in personal ways, and like i glued them with hot glue and the glue actually melts when i get home from school. how do i keep my amp cooler?
Im running about1600RMS out of am and i have a new fuse 120A fuse for power.
i posted in amps but on noe answerd

Anonymous

lol that's cause you dint even wait you posted at 9:37 on the other one and 9:42 on this one Wow you waited a Full 5 minutes LMMAO.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 587
fan

Silver Member

Post Number: 649
i know... i just need answeres right away right now... im impatient and i have things to do with my bro at the hospital...

i have 2 fans that came stock on it and i monted them both on the end that gets really hot, and they dont' help at all...

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 243
take off the cover and drill 2 holes one at each end and screw them down one pumping air in and the other out

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 244
take off the cover and drill 2 holes one at each end and screw them down one pumping air in and the other out the hole have to be big enough so the fan can push air in

Silver Member

Post Number: 652
my amp doesn't have a cover on it... could that be a reason too? like the air isnt' even getting to the fan thats why its not cooling down?

Silver Member

Post Number: 655
bump*

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 246
where is the cover

if you dont know where it is build a small box for it and mount the fans on both sides so your creating an air flow left to right or dight to left and have some vent holes on top cause as ou know heat rises up

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 248
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 61
if ur amp is gettin way 2 hott its ur ohms an u should run a higher ohm instead of a lower ohm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us