Alpine r box

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 313
I have 2 12's alpine r's i never use. I don't use them because i don't have an amp to power them.. need atleast 1000 wrms for them at 1 ohm. But anyways, i have the amp im using now, its 600 wrms at 1 ohm. is there a way i could use this amp to push these subs hard, i know if you build a bigger box, you need less power. What would be a good cubic foot for these 2 subs in a box to make them hit hard at 300 wrms each..?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2083
1.75-2.5cuft each tuned to 30-35hz.

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 761
The Type R recommends a ported box of 1.75cuft i belive.....I have mine in 1.9 and it still sounds good. Not sure what it will sound like any bigger tho

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 314
i think i have a box about that size that they are in right now.. it was supposed to be that big when i had it made. But will 300 wrms power them well, or should i just get a bigger amp

Bronze Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 71
Sell that amp and get a cheap, more powerful amp. I'd go with Hifonics. You should probably use either the 1200 watt or 1500 watt amp. Ebay it and see what you get. I think there about 200 bucks.

What guage wiring do you have?

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 315
i don't want to sell my amp haha. i have 2 12's diamonds and its a diamond amp at 600 wrms. Fits the diamonds perfectly. But i want to try out this alpines. I bought them new and haven't powered them, and i've had them since september.

Bronze Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 72
What was wrong with the diamond sub's?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5405
u can use that 600wrms amp on ur Rs cause i used a low wattage amp on mine temporarily 4 a few days until my good amp was delivered . My box is pvc ported 1.65cuft - u can see it in d bragging section.........

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 316
yeah rovin i've seen your set up. it looks nice. I love my diamonds, i just want to compare them to the alpines. Plus, i bought the alpines, got the box custom made for them, and then realized the amp i was going to use (mtx thunder 801d) is only 2 ohm stable. so i didn't have an amp to power them.

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 317
up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us