Sub-out

Bronze Member
Username: Rkjones84

Post Number: 34
I was gonna use the cd player link but this is the only one loading, but anyway...is it bad to use a amp and subs if your head unit doesn't have sub-woofer preamps? only just 1 pair of regular outs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
...or would u just c a huge improvement and have more control of ur subs if u had sub outputs?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5380
here's ur answer - http://wickedcases.com/caraudio/activexo.html .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
what about this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/DIRECTED-AUDIO-PREAMP-EQUALIZER-INDASH1-2-DIN-EQ-X-OVER_W0QQ itemZ5863788636QQcategoryZ79841QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
see my whole problem is that i have a head unit that doesn't have sub output, it only has 1 pair of preout front and rear on the back of the cd player so i getting more that just bass to my subs...so i guess the best thing would be to get a xover right? So when i buy a xover do i just run rcas from my head unit to the crossover then from the crossover to my amp? and a power ground and remote and thats it...or is there more to it?

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 553
most amps made (95% ?) in the last 10 yrs have crossovers built in.

You said "one pair of front and rear", so 2 sets? That should work fine. You run your front amp with the front rca's and your sub with the rear.

You can spend the money on a crossover if you want one, but you don't NEED it at all.

It can be done with just one pair of pre outs and some y cables. It's the least desirable just because you can't fade, but in the big picture that has no direct effect on the performance of the system.

3 pre outs is best, but 2 works well too.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 699
4 pre outs is optimal on a crossover. sub, mid bass, mid woofer, tweeter.. for a very dynamic system.

But yes, most good quality decks will have your front, rear, and sub. (Sub can also be labeled as non-fading.. meaning that when you adjust balance from front to back, left to right, etc, it dosnt effect the subs.) But also, a lot of decks have a crossover always active on your sub-out line, too..so you cant use this line as just another set of RCA outs, as it has a crossover perma-active. (My deck, a JVC SHX900, has options to set the LPF to 80, 60, and 50, on the sub-output RCA's... and cannot be defeated).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
but see my deck only has:

( ) red
rca outs
( ) white

so can i use this to run the amp that is powering the subs
my friends deck has like 3 pairs and one is for sub and his deck has sub controls like urs...i only have sub controls on the amp itself...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5435
Carefully read back Optidriven's post & do like he said & it'll be just fine .......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
it doesn't freaking tell me anything... i did read it carefully, so i guess no one none of you really have enough knowledge to tell someone what to do when they don't have a sub-out on there head unit...all optidriven says is that they are good for a dynamic system and that what u can and cant do and what his has..it doesnt tell me what i need to do about not havning it and thats all i need toknow

Anonymous

ohhh isee what your saying know, im pretty sure you bought a cheaper headunit the cheaper head units when you turn up the bass all the speakers sound ugly and disorted with too much bass right. And your subs sound like if theres treble coming out of them right?i dont know wht to tell you i think theres no fix for your problem other than get a new headunit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
ohh..cool man i appreciate that...thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us