Audiobahn

Username: Ilikeyourmom

Post Number: 8
It seems like everyone here hates audiobahn subs. but for the price and power i find it hard to beat them. and there so cheap even if they do break i can buy new ones. i have a very limited budget and was wondering if you all had a better alternative for me.

i don't need anything too loud. i'm not competing, just for something with a little boom to listen to while i'm driving around in my truck

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 4914
cerwin vega v-max, alpine type r, ascendant audio assassin + arsenal,RE RE + SE,Image dynamics ID + IDQ, JL audio w1 + w3, those are just a few of many that will be much more relible and less likely to blow under NORMAL circumstances. provided you not clipping the cr@p out of them with whatever amp you are running. I have had subs run for over 10 years and still going if hooked up properly and not completely abused. It is the better line's of subs and any electronics for that matter that tend to be like the energizer bunny and keep going and going and going.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 414
get a 10 inch comp vr or 2. that would be fine. one those would be better than 2 audiobhans. or just get a 12 inch

or a sub from re

just dont go with audiobahn. spend a couple more dollars and you wont have to replace them later...

i think 1 12" would be louder than 2 audiobahns. i have heard 2 audiobahns and they get pretty loud but the overall sound is horrible.

all of these choices are better

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 327
re se 12"
eclipse aluminum 12"
adire shiva 12"
adire tempest
many more options in the 150-200 range...

Bronze Member
Username: Coreyh6987

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 11
When i first got my car, I bought audiobahns cus they looked cool. I didnt have them in my car for 30 minutes and took em out and sold them. DONT GET EM!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/15-Eclipse-Aluminum-Subwoofer-Sub-MTX-Fosgate_W0QQitemZ58647 73021QQcategoryZ18804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Post Number: 9
so even though audiobahn is cheaper and has more power than all of these, its still worse?? do the power ratings not have ne thing to do with it?

how does this look?
BRAND NEW '05 KICKER CVR12 COMP VR 12" SUB 2 ohm 800 W
buy it now for $33.00

oh yeah i'm running two 12" audiobahns and two 10 pioneers without an amp just the head unit. haha i can't afford one yet... i was thinkin about the audiobahn a8002t cuz its only $125 with 800 rms 1600 peak. What kind of amp would you suggest if i keep the subs i'm running now? or if i get the kickers?

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 416
if you get the kickers, if you get two of those and the audiobahn a8000t. it would sound great

Post Number: 10
what if i get the a8002t and just hook it up to my audiobahn alum12q's ?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5164
What are the vc configs on those audioburns

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
vc = ?

am kinda new a little bit my bad

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 109
vc = voice coil
those audiobahn alum12q's are dual 6 ohm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
so would getting the 12 inch kickers be an upgrade from the alum12q or the same just with a longer life??

and will i be happy with the a8002t for the price compared to what i am running now?? how much better will it sound? just like a second opinion cuz thats alot of money for me.. no offense bassman

oh yeah... i don't have an enclosure for my subs lol. just stuck behind my seat on one of those rubber rug holders which is why i don't wanna spend a whole lot of money right now. i only have a single cab truck and i barely have room for the subs. the cab kinda acts like the enclosure i think cuz it sounds a whole lot better with the passenger door open. i'm gonna try n build like a frame for the subs not a enclosure just something a little better than rug holders. if ya'll want i might be able to post some pics so you can feel better bout your system.. i don't really care i know its pretty bad haha

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 497
If you are talking about the CVR12 Subs they are 400 rms each an you can get either dual 4 ohms or dual 2 ohms verions an if you wanna use that audiobahn A8000T amp you would need the dual 2 ohms version an then wire both subs togather for a 2 ohms load an that amp would be then given them there rated power because its 800x1 at 2 ohms an those subs are 400rms each so 800rms together

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i want the a8002t! not a8000t..... 2 channels. or does it really make a difference? i mean performance wise.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 330
the amount of power a speaker says it can handle doesn't mean that it will get louder or sound better...you also have to look at the other theile small parameters...such as sensitivity...and other things...

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 498
the A8000T is a Class D amp so its more efficient than the A8002T because its a Class AB so its less efficient

Class AB 60% eff

Class D 75% eff

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 499
which in lamest terms means the CLass D will require less Current Flow in AMPs ( Amps coming from Alternator )then the Class AB to Reach its full output power in WATTS

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10991
power handling is no indication of sensitivity or output.
audiobahn speakers may say they take 1600 watts, but they are horridly inefficient, and they sound lousy at high volumes. They get loud but they'll cause listener fatigue much faster tahn a higher quality sub.

If all you want is loud and cheap, go for it. It's just a matter of your priorities and values.

as a company though, audiobahn is TEH S UCK.
they have rather shady business ethics.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10992
more info on amplifier classes and such here:
http://www.glasswolf.net/tutorials/index.html

first two links/articles.
the second link is shorter and simpler than the first one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
so do i want to buy the a8002t amp for 125$ to run my alum12qs and mayber cvr12s later

i obviously don't care too much about sound quality since i'm running 4 subs with no mids off the HU. i don't even have em in enclosures, they're just sitting on rug holders .

i want it loud enough to hear it coming is about my only requirement.

thanks so very much

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 417
so since you want the a8002t get the dual vc 4 ohm subs and wire them in series parallel to get a 4 ohm load on the amp. that is the best wiring option because it sends 400 watts to each sub.

and it will be def. loud. prolly from a block away lol

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 418
only if you get the cvr's, you will be heard

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
what if i keep alum12qs/?????

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 592
I've worked for a shop where all the other installers were drooling over Audiobahn. Funniest thing ever. If your REALLY tight for money then get the Audiobahns. They will probably be okay, but not all that great.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 507
Well since you already have the ALUMQ Subs you can go ahead an use them for now but buy the amp in the link below an wire those ALumQ's together for a 1.5 ohm load (the only reason im saying to buy the amp below is because its more power for around the same price as the Audiobahn amp)

So just get the amp below an use he ALumQ's for now an when you get more money buy different Subs ( i myself would get some subs that are around 500rms an 4 ohms DVC because that would the the best for the amp below )

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2424

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 508
the A8000T an A8002T would not be a good choice for the ALumQ subs because they arent 1 ohm stable an if you got the A8002T for the ALumQ's ur only option for wiring them would be to wire them each for 3 ohms an that would mean you were only given them around 300rms each an with that Viper 1200x1 ar 1 ohm you could wire them together for 1.5 ohms an be given them roughly 500rms each ...

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 509
But in the future maybe buy some Alpine Type R's to run off that amp, get the 4 ohms DVC type R's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
is Viper a reliable brand ? and do you think that it will be ok since its been refurbished and is 90 days enough to tell????

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 515
90 days is enough an yes they are good.. they are made by 'Directed electronics Inc' which also makes Orion an Directed amps

Also about that warranty, im pretty sure you planned to buy that Audiobahn off ebay an they only usually give a 30 day warranty an if they give a longer warranty they usually dont honor it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
alrighty then, thanks. i'm think i'm gonna get it when i get the money

will i need to get a better alternator? and is there anything else i will need to hook up my amp? also, is there a certain wiring kit you reccommend???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us