Wiring Subs

Username: Mike228

Post Number: 6
On my amp, Hifonics bx605, it has the terminalos +--+, lets say i get two alpine type s DVC 4's. How would i wire these to the amp to achieve 1ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5133
although u have 2+ and 2- it is still a mono amp so, wire the subs and parallal and take the wire and just install them 1+ and 1-

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 308
why.. does this present a different load? I'm only curious because the box that was made for them has 2 terminals on the box.. one for each sub. and the amp has 2 + and 2 -. i know its a mono amp, im just curious if it just changes the load. I have wired pos to pos, neg to neg (on sub) then to 1 terminal on the box, and then from the box to one of the + and -. Same thing for the other side. So the subs are never actually connected to eachother if you know what i mean. But since its a mono amp isn't it still a 1 ohm load?

Username: Mike228

Post Number: 9
I have 2 other questions you could probably answer.
1. I'm building a box for 2 alpine S's for a jeep cherokee. I got a lot of room to use. Is bigger always louder.
2. Also right now my amp is already installed. I have no problem right now with my alternator. I was wondering if having subs connected to the amp will put more of a strain than just running the amp with no subs.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5412
they put 2+ & 2- so that its more convenient & looks better than having 2 wires on top of each other but its still the rated ohm laod that the manufacturer gave

mike -
1...use whatever the manufacturer recommends (optimal vol0 cause they know best
2...if ur amp is connected by is not connected 2 any subs then it comes like its not doing anything but once u hook up the subs of course ur amp will begin 2 work - sorta like having ur enging on but ur car is parked in neutral ...

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 877
mike do you have speakers on your amp..and your thinking of adding subs too??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us