3 JL Audio Subs. What amp?

Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 9
I need to know what kind and or how much power would I be looking at to power 3 JL Audio W6 subwoofers rated at 300 watts each. I would like to push these a shard as possible. Thanks.

Username: Kirktcashalini

Glastonbury, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 6
JL 1000/1 JL subs are severly under rated. and jl amps are underrated too. might as well match them. it will sound sick.

Username: Kirktcashalini

Glastonbury, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 7
and you wont need to deal with wierd 3 sub wiring arrangements. and you will get 1000RMS or so across the board of impedence

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2057
Eric,

what type of voice coils do your subs have?

Bronze Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 11
Sorry, I forgot, they are dual 6s. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 4913
are the 12's? you can wire them to a 4ohm load or a 1ohm load depending on your amplifier. I have the same subs but 10's and ran them at 4ohms with 600 watts and man o man did they sound NICE!:-) The 1000/1 will work well but its a little pricey. whats your budget?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1388
dual 6s wire down to 1ohm load, you do not want to use the 1000/1. These must be the older w6's.

Bronze Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 12
Ty, if I don't want to use the 1000/1 then what do you recommend? And yes, they are the older w6s.

Bronze Member

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 14
Ok, which ones are the real SPL? These: ere:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5797523079&ssPageName=MER C_VIC_RSCC_Pr12_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT.
Or the ones at millionbuy.com?

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 4987
yes you do want ot use the 1000/1 wire them to 4 ohms thats the way I have my 10w6v1's wired:-)

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 295
Let me ask why wouldnt you want to use a 1\1000 amp on 3 w6?

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 4988
well the rms power is 300 watts so you would be giveing them a tad more at peak volumes but they are underrated and can handle it all day long. They are great subs and that amp is one of the best. 3 dual 6ohm subs can be wired 2 ways to a 4ohm load which is perfect for the 1000/1 or a 1ohm load which is not perfect for it. You only need 1/2 to be perfect to run them properly.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2123
250w/sub pounds those subs, but they would certainly do better (yes, even better) with the additional power. particularly where headroom is concerned.
indeed, underrated.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 296
Thank James so in other use that amp only if its a 4ohm load right? not 1 ohm load.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 4989
yup:-) you will be so happy with those subs, I loved mine but I just wish I got the 12's instead but it was 10 years ago and the 10's was what I wanted then:-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us