Sub size recommendations please.....

raider32assasin
Unregistered guest
I bought a new car and want to upgrade the sound system. My question is, what size sub would be best suited for playing hard rock (stone temple pilots) to heavy metal (slayer), 8, 10, 12 or 15? I do play the beat once in a while, but it is more important that the metal sounds good and clear and crisp. Would I be better of going with 2 10 or 12 inchers, or 1 15?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5338
imo - i'd choose 2 12s

whats ur budget though for both sub/s & a amp ???...

raider32assasin
Unregistered guest
I don't want to spend more than 500 for 2 subs. I already have an amp that is 800 watts rms and can run a 1 ohm load.
Thanks for you help and info.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 102
I like a thumpin Metallica tune also, I would for that amp how about one RE sx 15" in a 2 cuft sealed enclosure. I know they don't do there full output in a sealed encloure but with rock you need a wide variety of frequency responce and a ported enclosure just won't do that. The sx is a good sub from what I hear from other owners especially for its $290 shipped price tag, that is why I ordered two. What car did you get? Polo..

PS-The SX 15 comes in dual 2ohm coils so there is your 1ohm load... :-O

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5341
Post the model of that amp u own so we can further advise u ........

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 4893
I would spend more money on 1-12 then the same amont a get 2 mediocre subs. with 800 rms and $500 you can get a variety of suber subs that are out there, such as adire brahma, rexxx, eclipse TI, sound integrity mag's, ID max, ascendant audio Havoc, there are many to choose from just take your pic.

raider32assasin
Unregistered guest
I have a visonik (i know, not the greatest amp, but it worked really nice for me in my other car) and I do not know the model of the amp. I do know it pumps at 8oo rms at 1 ohm and it is a mono amp. I am going to upgrade eventually, but for now, I stick with the visonik and go for better subs.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5346
2 IDQ 12s 4ohms dvc version should do u fine ......

raider32assasin
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your help rovin and everyone else that was kind enough to respond. I really appreciate it. As you can tell from my choice of amps, I am kind of new to this.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5349
No problem dude - just register , read alot of posts here daily & u will learn alot from every1 . Don't be afraid to ask reasonable questions ........Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us