Everyone please read.....(Breaking in)

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 616
Ok..so i did a search on breaking in of subs,ive read both positive and negative responses about breaking in...But....

Im still a little confused....
Ive gathered that 'breaking in' is mainly for SQ purposes...it lossens the surround and spider thus causing a better response..also that it lenghtens the life of a sub significantly

What do you know about breaking in....?
What does it do?
What happens if you dont?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2041
basically all breaking in does is let the spider loosen a little before you give the sub full power. i would suggest playing a sub for 5-7daya at moderate volumes before you really hammer on it.

breaking in a sub is just precautionary. you really dont have to do it...but it is suggested.

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 915
nester u hadnt hook them things up yet?

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 617
yea man of course!!!.....since friday...
someone told me to break it in and i was curious as to why.....i did,but i was wondering what would happen if i didnt

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2102
in order for the sub to behave as the ts specs suggest, it needs to be broken in.
not going to damage anything if you don't,as marshall said.

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 916
ok cool.
its alot of debate....

i dont belive in it, i think once the subs start playing; thats breaking them in! People say play them low to break them in.... guess what, they playing them.

The whole point here is that they MUST be played to be BROKEN in! =D

"so just play/hook them"

but the correct way to break them in, that I was told was to play them free air with low frequency for about 1-2 hrs at low volume. <<this makes them flex alot and soften up every thing on the sub. =D
lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us