Boss Amps are Amazing!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 43
...is what I would say if I wanted lots of people to view this thread... hahaha. Seriously though, I have an old Boss Rev-3000D Amp hooked up to a 2 ohm DVC Mofo-12 sub. This amp has 3 adjustments; Level (set at 3/4), Low pass crossover, and Subsonic filter. I took it in to best buy to have one of their installers set the low pass and subsonic for me, because I really had no clue where to set them. I am now convinced that they are set incorrectly. Can anyone tell me where a "safe" position on each setting is to get the most out of my setup?

Need more info? let me know. I know the subsonic values go from 15 to 45. And the low pass goes from 20 to.. 200? I think.

Thanks GW and B in advance ;P

Bronze Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 44
Oh, and when bass hits the lights dim A LOT, so I know the amp is still dishing out a ton of power, but on certain bass notes it hits hard, and on others the sub will excurt a lot but not produce any noticeable sound. So I have a feeling I am playing it into clipping like a dumb a$s..

Silver Member
Username: Islandboy808

Mililani, Hawaii US

Post Number: 619
u might need to upgrade to a HO alt

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2039
if you have a ported box...set the subsonic filter just below the tuning of your box (ex...box tuned to 30hz, set the SSF to 25hz)

also, set your low pass filter to ~80-100hz.

that boss amp will prolly produce about 1000-1200wrms @1ohm. it has the same internals as

. Concept CC-D1200
. Lanzar Vibe 1200D
. Pyramid PB2400D
. Tsunami GXA1000D

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10951
the issue with the lights is probably due to the current drain from the amp. use a volt meter to see how low voltage is dropping when it happens.
if it falls below 12V, consider a larger alternator, and a capacitor of around 1Fd to act as a filter.

set level at 50%, LPF on, and set to 60Hz, set SSF to 35Hz unless you know the tuned frequency of your enclosure's port. Then set the SSF to that freq.

Bronze Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 46
It's a slot ported box, don't know the frequency though, the shady internet dealer didn't know.. but its a "Ground Shaker" brand enclosure. It's ~2 cu ft.

Right now the SSF is all the way down, so I'll move that up a little to estimate 35 Hz, but what about the low pass.. 80-100 or 60?

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 924
set the low pass at 80hz. That way it block freq above 80hz, and give you the lows..

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 925
didnt Bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us