Hey any suggestions out there?

Unregistered guest
Hey guys, I was just wondering what i should do to my system in order to really pump it up some more.
As of now i have 2 12" subs (duals) in a premade box (i got them cuz they light up and all :-) and i got an 1100watt Kenwood Amp going to them that pushes 600 rms. Also i have some Rockford F. Speakers that i got from bestbuy....150 a pair not sure on what model but they knock pretty hard for 6 1/2" speakers. i also have a 720watt Kenwood 4 way amp going to those...I need to know what i should do to really PUMP UP my system....i was wondering if maybe i got different subs if that might do the trick...was wondering about a 15" Alpine type R...but i really dont wanna have to buy a new amp cuz this stuff is expensive :-(...if you have another suggestions to make on a few things i can switch out then please hook a brother up.

Bronze Member
Username: Parad0x

Post Number: 39
Post the way you have wired up your subs, please post amp specs + sub specs (DVC 2/4 ohm, or SVC 2/4 ohm??) Maybe we can wire your subs at a lower ohm.

Line Drivers boost the RCA cable coming into your amplifier, great for improving SQ/SPL. Your box might be really primitive, a whole bunch of the Bass depends on the kind of box used and if it was built to exact cu.ft specs or not. Is there a divider between the chambers? Is the box made of 1/2" MDF woof, or 3/4" MDF wood? Were there any braces used in the boxing to improve structure strength? Is the box sealed/ported?

If your thinking about going larger sub's, you gotta realise they play different bass notes, usually much lower.. good for rap/hip hip that utilize small Hz signals, and it will be bad for songs playing higher hz notes.

Are you using quality RCA's? Are they facing the right direction (if they are directional RCA's). Are you going for SPL, or SQ? BTW dont buy stuff just because it "Lights up" that's a poor reason lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us