Which sub to run with this amp????

AZrat2041
Unregistered guest
Hey guys, I am new here and had a quick question. I have a new MTX road thunder 202 and want to know what kind of sub to run with it. Here are the specs.

200 W bridged into a 4 ohm load
100 W bridged into a 2 hom load
RMS
150 W bridged into a 4 ohm load
75 W bridged into a 2 ohm load
It also has a crossover...18db/octave 85 hz selectable for high pass/ low pass.

I have a 2000 Toyota tacoma Xtra cab with a stock head unit. I was thinking of running just the sub off this amp. With the crossover I should be able to put just bass to the sub right? I really don't want anything too load, just want to be able to feel my music a little better. I do plan on upgrading the head unit and speakers later on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know this is a toal noob post, please don't flame me too hard.
Later,
Nate

Bronze Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 87
BUY 2 CUSPID FROM EBAY THEY'RE LIKE 37$ SHIPPED JAJAJ LOL!

Silver Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 851
get a dual 4 ohm sub that is 150 RMS

get an RE RE 12 inch

175 watts RMS

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1366
those specs are wrong, he needs a dual 2 or single 4 or 2 single 8ohm subs to run bridged.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1367
only 200w@4ohms @14.4volts. not much power

Silver Member

Post Number: 858
haha i dont know what i was thinking?
dual 2 ohm is correct

and the RE is dual 4 ohms so forget that

AZrat2041
Unregistered guest
Probably just going to run one sub, not much room and I don't want to take up my valuable space. So, if I understand you correctly I need a single 4ohm with a rms of 175? Do they even make a sub that small? Should I go with something a little bigger if I decide to upgrade later. I might buy a bigger amp later to run a sub and use the little one to run the mids and tweeters. Thanks again for the help guys. Sorry if I am bumming you guys out with the noob questions. I have been a member of several 4x4 forums for years and know what I am doing to you all...lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 868
might as well get a cheap sub that is only 200 RMS

becuase by the time u wanna upgrade youll want all new stuff

single 4 ohm
or
dual 2 ohm

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4868
that amp is 150 watts x 1 @ 4ohms mono @ 12 volts. http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-JL-Audio-12W3v2-D2-12-Subwoofer-Sub-NEW-12W3-W3v2_W0QQit emZ5862757642QQcategoryZ39776QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem that sub will work pretty well with your amp. There is also room for upgrading in the future. My friend has a jl 12w3 with 200 watts in a tacoma and it sounds great.

Silver Member

Post Number: 869
perfect choice....get those

AZrat2041
Unregistered guest
What about this one?
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14232

The other is a little pricey. This truck is going to be a trail rig so I don't want to dump lots of $$ into a system

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 4901
yup that will work just fine. I didnt realize all you wanted were some tunes for the trail. I figured you would want something a little louder but you can't crank it on the trail anyway so thats perfect.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us