Amp Problem A8000T

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 158
I was driving around the other day and outta nowhere I heard a pop sound and then my subs stopped working so I pulled ova and checked the amp out which is A8000T and the protection light is on. So i checked the fuses in the amp and they were blown so i changed them but when i put the new fuses in, the amp still didnt work. Theres power to the amp but the red protection light is still on. And then i started my car again and i heard a pop sound again but this time the fuses were still ok but i noticed smoke coming out of the amp. So i'm really confused of what might have happend can anybody help. I'm running this amp to 1 Kicker L7 at 2ohms. its been working great for like 3 months and out of nowhere the otha day my amp just did a pop sound like it sounded like sumthin sparking. And idk if it would be the ground wire or not cuz theres power to the amp, it just has the protection light on, and if there was sumthin wrong wit the ground won't that mean the amp wouldnt be on then.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 159
bump

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 161
bump

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 333
its because that amp isnt stable at 2 ohms only 4

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 334
its not bumping

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 163
yes it is stable at 2 ohms, its stable 2 ohms 800 rms. So I know for a fact thats not the problem. Im wondering if it could be the ground wire but not sure cuz if the amp powers on doesnt it mean the ground wire is alright then.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1278
Not necessarily. My ground was loose, and at one point when I wiggled it around both the power and protect lights came on lol.

So basically, the ground wasn't making a constant secure connection. That's PROBABLY your problem...As to what's blowing the fuses that could be part of it...Or something in the amp isn't functional anymore.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1357
if you rehook up everything and it is still doing it, good chance youve fried something in the amp, never a real good sign if you smell smoke...

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 166
yea i deff fried the amp cuz i bought a test amp just to see if it worked and my sub worked then i hooked the audiobahn back up and didnt work, i can tell i fried it cuz it smells horrible. :-( guess i'll just get another one no big deal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us