Kicker Comp CVR12 SUB 12" dvc 2 ohm

Bronze Member
Username: Goose5741

Post Number: 16
I'm looking at getting two of these too replace my two infinity reference 1240's svc's. Are they any good??? Is there anything you guys would reccomend thats better for the money???

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1674
those are great subs, sound nice and get loud

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Thats what i've heard and why i think i'll be going with them (great price) if anyone has any other good reccomendations i'd still like to hear em though, thx

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 881
They are pretty good subs, Type R's are better though.

Silver Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 299
Fusion PowerPlant

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I've heard just the opposite, that these are better than type r's, i'll have to check out some reviews on type r's also before i buy em', thx.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 882
in my opinion Type R's hit just a little more accurate and cleaner. But to you they might sound like azz. All personal opinion. But I will promise you this, either way they are both good subs.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4916
se's would kill both in spl and sq

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1360
first off, what amp are you running, that will help determine what voice coil configs you need.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I'm gonna run a audiobagn a8000t so i was gonna go with 2 2 ohm dvc and wire em' for a two ohm load. What are SE's people keep talking about em' and i can't frickin figure it out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
BTW it's gonna be in a sealed enclosure cause i don't feel like getting a diff. box/messing with tuning.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1193
go to www.reaudio.com click on products, then subwoofers, then se and thats the specs for them, im not sure on price i think its around $160 but im not positive.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
The se's won't work because they don't come in dual 2 ohm.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5053
My bro is running a A8000T to a Se, and it sounds great

He has them wired in parallal, so it is presenting a 2 ohm load

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I thought if i ran two dvc 4 ohm subs my only wiring options were 2 ohm or 8 ohm??? correct me if i'm wrong but thats what the thing on the 12 volts.com said. Would i be better off running 1 really nice sub at like 800 rms, or two decent ones like the kicker cvr12's at 400 rms each, keep in mind i am set on the audiobahn a8000t so i need to be able to wire em' two ohms, thanks for the suggestions and keep 'em coming :-)

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1196
if you run 2 dvc4ohm subs, you could wire it too 1 or 4ohms, and i think chauncey is saying that his friend only has 1 se wire to 2ohms.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5096
^^yeah, my brother has 1 15" se, ran by a A8000T

Also do u have limited space josh???

Josh Meyer
Unregistered guest
Lol my damn account got locked becuase i tried to change my name and had to enter an email address, but w/e. I have plenty of space (camry) don't really need my trunk but i do like the amount of space i have with my 2 12's in there now. I've been thinking and i'm kinda leaning towards maybe one really nice sub rather than two okay ones. I've just always had this preconceived notion that two subs are better than one even if the one is really good an the two are okay. I'm thinking that isn't neccisarily right. The arsenal looks pretty sweet but i haven't heard much about it, and the se's also sound really nice. I am kinda back to where i started, lol.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 412
i think the cvr is better than the type r.

Bronze Member
Username: Iidbombii

Post Number: 32
I have 2 12" dvc 2 ohm Kicker Comp CVRS. I'm looking to sell. I just bought them for $310. They sound great. I just bought a new amp and I can't figure the wiring out and it's too cold to mess with so I'm selling them.

I'm selling them for $300 in a Visoniks Bandpass box. It's really nice and in great shape. Oh the subs are not even a month old if you want I could send the receipt with.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Bronze Member
Username: Iidbombii

Post Number: 33
Sorry Kicker Comp VRS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us