Amp Problem A8000T

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 154
I was driving around the other day and outta nowhere I heard a pop sound and then my subs stopped working so I pulled ova and checked the amp out which is A8000T and the protection light is on. So i checked the fuses in the amp and they were blown so i changed them but when i put the new fuses in, the amp still didnt work. Theres power to the amp but the red protection light is still on. And then i started my car again and i heard a pop sound again but this time the fuses were still ok but i noticed smoke coming out of the amp. So i'm really confused of what might have happend can anybody help.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 155
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Chevelle

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 38
check you ground wire and how are you running the subs you didn't bridge it in 2ohm at all

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 156
its runnin into 1 L7 at 2 ohms. U think it could be the ground wire idk how it would be cuz i unplugged the ground wire and theres no power at all to the amp and then i put the ground wire back in the amp and the amp turns on but protection light is on.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 157
my system be working great for like 3 months straight and then just the otha day outta nowhere the amp just like died or whatever happend

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 42
do you have the sub on one channel you didn't bridge it in 2ohms run in stereo at 2ohms.Also did you leave it cool down before you hooked it back up if so and it's still doing it try another sub just to check it if it works then it's the sub or a loose wire in the box hooked to the sub.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 160
yea i put the sub in my friends car to see if it works and the sub still works great. the amp is a mono amp. and yes the amp doesnt ever get hot usully.

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 47
them there is something wrong in the amp you might want to send it back if it's still some what new to get fixed or take it to a repair shop and have them look at it.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 162
yeah i only had the amp for like maybe 3 months and i bought it off of ebay and it only had a 20 day return policy, so I guess i'm pretty much screwed

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 164
I'm still wondering if it could by change be the ground wire. But the amp powers on so doesnt it mean the ground wire is alright then, The amp is just in protection?

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1275
Had the same problem, but my fuses didn't blow, just the ground was loose. Check that.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 165
i found out the problem the whole amp is fried, cuz i bought a really cheap amp just to test and it worked fine and i hooked the audiobahn back up and it didnt work, i can smell that the amp is fried it smells horrible

Bronze Member

Lancaster, Pa Usa

Post Number: 52
well what you can do is use the cheap amp for now and send the audiobhan back to audiobhan and have the fix it if it's not all that old.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4972
Just get another 1, its only like 130 shipped brand new on ebay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us