Hidden amp ?

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 151
is there any websites with pics that show you how to put a false door in your trunk to hide the amps and wireing?

Bronze Member
Username: Nooch

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida USA

Post Number: 18
youcan actually do it yourself, if your trunk has a spare inside of it the carpet should lift up and hide it under there... but if you want to show it off to people and look pro installed i cant help you because ive never looked into it sorry... but if your looking to "float" an amp i can help you with that, its simple..

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 152
I want to hide them completly but I dont want to take out my spare. An what do you mean "float"?

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 155
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 172
Its a way to make ur amp look like is floating in mid air. its pretty cool actually. im not trying to thread jack or nething but jake if u could maybe post some instructions i have been thinking about trying that in my car. and ive got plenty of time to work on it now thats it totalled lol.

Silver Member

US

Post Number: 173
ohh and prolly the only way to hide ur amp is to build a custom enclosure with a compartment for the amp. but then if u do that i would suggest putting a fan inside to keep it cool cause in a tight space i would think it would get pretty hot. id say ur best bet would be to have it done by a pro though. other than that u would prolly get into cutting into carpet and things like that and if u are like me u dont want to do that to ur car.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
another easier way would be to bolt it to the rear seats behind the box sop the amp is not on the floor of the trunk and you dont even see it at all and that saves alot of money when your on a budget rather than hiding it... GAVIN i will see what i can draw up, i will try and find a stand or something to float it but i made mine myself out of plexiglass, it was pretty challenging, i heated up with a torch where i wanted to bend it....got it all perfect pilot drilled some holes, spray painted it black and now my amp floats.... but let me see if they make them you can buy.

Silver Member

US

Post Number: 174
whoa.. thats alot more than i could ever do lol. i think im gonna look around too and see if i just cant find a floating stand or sumthin. thanks for ur help jake!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
lol yea... i had the materials and an idea...thats all it took... im sure they sell them, it was just much cheaper for me to make mine myself.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
I was told to look on this site, it has an example of hidden doors for your amp http://www.bcae1.com/ look on the left of the page and scroll down until you see #25 AMP RACKS

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us