No answer in h/u section...help please...alpine

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 346
ok so i was gunna buy an alpine 9855 for 449$cdn(on sale from 549$) plus the ipod link thing for 50$(reg. 100$) from a local alpine dealer, but i read some pretty bad things on here about the 9855 and in particular the h/u's with the glide bar...so this lead me to look at the alpine 9851...is it negood, and is the fact that the preouts are only 2v in comparison to the 9855 which are 4v going to be noticible? ive also head that the h/u's with 2v from alpine are only 2v for the front and rear channels but the sub channel is 4v...is this true...so ne help would be greatly appreciated (im leaning more towards the 9851, dont really want to spend 575$ on h/u and ipod interface) so jsut want to know if the 9851 is ne good...thanx in advance

Bronze Member
Username: Miriamrowland

Ft. drum, New york Us

Post Number: 37
i have a ddx-7015 and i have 2v pre-outs all it affects is the gain level on the amp

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 348
ya but if im correct doesnt the amount of volts the preout has make for a better signal being sent to your amp?

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 560
yes. I think that the higher the preouts the cleaner the signal.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 349
So, anyone know if the 9851 is a good headunit to get?

Bronze Member
Username: Clacla100

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 58
I just recently bought the 9851 and have it hooked up to a mbquart raa1000 its pushing my sub fine and it has really good quality compared to other headunits ive heard.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 350
thanx cory...do u by any chance have a amp for speakers(6.9,6.25,5x7....) hooked up to it...or hooked up to ur speakers and if yes how does it sound>
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us