REM HELP!

Username: Nooch

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida USA

Post Number: 8
i currently have my REM running to my fusebox its connected to a 20 amp radio fuse. is this ok or is there a better place like the head unit and if i have to run it to the head unit what would be the best to connect it to there? please help

Anonymous

Jake, keeping hooked to the radio fuse should be fine. As to running it to the HU, yes you can. Either splice it into the power antenna wire, or there should be a light blue(it may be another color, check your wiring diagram) wire going to your HU that is used to keep your radio's memory. However, if you use the antenna wire, and the antenna shuts off when you play cd's, your amp won't come on when you play cd's.

Post Number: 10
yea, at first i had it spliced into the power antenna and my amp wasnt getting any power so thats why i hooked it to the radio fuse, but for some reason my amps protection light came on last night and i have NO clue what the problem is...

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1337
the power antenna has no power when switched from radio, needs to go to amp turn on wire or where you have it. also ohm load may be to much for amp. What kind of amp and subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I have 2 12' pioneer 545 watt subs and i have a sony exploid 1200 watt amp. iknow iknow the amp sucks but i got it for really cheap so i dont care.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1341
are they sing or dual voice coils and is the amp bridged

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
im not sure what a voice coil is, but if you can tell me im sure i can tell you, and my amp is ran with a hot from the battery and a ground found on the frame, and raca from the head unit and speaker wires from my amp to the subs, whats that called? lol sorry my noob is showing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1346
if you look from underneath, there is going to be terminals on either 1 side or 2 sides,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
what i see is 4 terminals where i can connect the speaker wire to, unless im wrong i have to take the plexiglass front off and take out the speaker, im only looking through one of the ports with a flash light...lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1350
do you have a multimeyter, if so, test the load at the terminal on the box for each side.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
yea i have a multimeter, what should they be reading... and is their a certain way to check it like 50% volume or does it not matter?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 797
If you're checking impedance, you need to have your car off.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1362
st the multimeter to the ohm setting, then put the ends in the terminal.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
ok, let me go get my car and test it out, i will tell you the results shortly, thanks by the way!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us