Any1 know anything about tinting windows

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 528
Any1 know anything about tinting windows?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10905
yes I do.
don't try it yourself. Pay a professional to do it. Unless you know what you're doing and have experience, you'll end up with a really crappy job.
You also don't most likely have access to professional grade tinting film.
That stuff at auto zone is garbage.

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 875
^^ listen to Glasswolf, u dont wana try unless you got correct tools and know what you are doing. Its acutally an art.
=D

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 533
hey glass wolf can u put ur tint on the outside of the window cause i was messin around an it looks way nice the whole window is black like the tint cause u wont have te black boarder an i wont b usin the car in the winter cause it would get messed up bad wit ice scraper an i got 3 rolls of 2.5% from advance an ill have a pro do the bac in a whole pieace

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 878
get it all done professionaly!
also tint goes on the inside of the windows NOT the outside!!
You can cut it on the outside to the correct shape, then you flip it and put it in the inside of the window!

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 537
ya but i c pros put it on the outside 2 an if i get it insid eu c dat crappy boarder an i dont like it it looks way cleaner on the outside u no what i mean

Bronze Member
Username: Nooch

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida USA

Post Number: 16
Not unless you get it PROFESIONALLY dont they have machines that cut it out from a computer into PERFECT sections were you wont see any lines unless you roll the window down, i got mine done in 1st illegal for about $185 i said i was on a collegee budget and he gave it to me for 160... so be nice :-) ( and get tint on the inside of your windows, it lasts alot longer!) :-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2245
he can't tint from the inside cause he has bunch of little bumps on the edges of the window. same problem i am having. i was told you can scrape those off but it would take time.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 538
the bac an side windows tint on the outside looks way better an cleaner since u dont c shades of black an that g@y boarder an the driver an pass. window will b inside do 2 windows goin up an down an the windows dont have boarders Upload

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Trinidad & Tobago West...

Post Number: 174
hey scott what kind of car is that.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 540
1994 grand dammn doin a convirsion 2 a 1996 its a door door gt

Bronze Member
Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 12
Professional is definitely an option if you don't want to deal with it but it's quite possible to get a good outcome by doing it yourself. I've always done it myself and gotten excellent outcomes. You just have to take the time to research and do a good job.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 541
iam goni 2 get a pro do it propbley around 150 but da point is i cant take my car anywhere its all apart body cummin 4 it an no interior cause of the sound dampin so iam goni 2 c on monday c if sum1 can come out an do it lol

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 882
damn I went 2 bed early yesterday. rofl

thats BS! puttin tint on the outside makes no sense at all! I cant see a proffessional doing that! lol
The tinit will be exposed to sunlights, rocks, branches, stones, carwash.... ETC!

That bubble stuff on the inside, scrape it off, I BET none of your Defront buttons will work after that! So that will be a NO-NO! A proffesional will cut the tint short of those bubbles! Then let the tint stick to the glass! Your whole glass doesnt have bubbles, its normally just on the edges or the top of the glass!!

You can even tell them to tint over the bubbles!!! I have always done it that way. It will not stick over them, but it looks alot better I think, if the shop knows what they are doing.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 542
k but i still like the way it looks out an u do got a point 2 the rocks an sh9t like that

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10918
you put the tint on the inside of the glass.
if you put it outside, it'd get ripped to shreds in a matter of days, from road debris alone.

here:
http://www.tintdude.com/

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 544
then how can i get all them bubble things off the windows the 2 sides an the bac would a razol blade work but the bac win will b fun lol

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 893
u dont want DEFROST?

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 86
I did my tint job and had the K-Unit sticker made at radio shack...the k-unit was a joke that became reality...notice the dual pipes...:P:P

[img]http://pic.piczo.com/img/i49451823_42603.jpg[/img]

[img]http://pic.piczo.com/img/i167353830_4745.jpg[/img]

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 547
iam leavin the defrosters on iam talkin abotu then bumps around the edge of the window

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 896
isnt that part of the defrost system also?
lol

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10939
read the site I linked for you.
this is why you leave it to professionals.
you wet the window and apply the film with the backing still on, reversed.
you trim the tint to fit the window, going an inch or two below the rubber molding at the bottom edge if the window rolls down.
you pull off the film, clean the glass thoroughly inside, pel off the backing, and apply the film to the inside glass, after wetting it with soapy water.
then you take a squeegie and start at the center and work all of the water and air bubbles out from between the film and glass.
once that's done, the film is straight, and it looks good, then you trim it up so the edges are all clean, and let it dry for at least 24 hours before rollig down a window.
curved glass takes a bit more work, doing it in strips for things like complex curves on rear windows.

Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 3
k thankx glass wolf my dad is gonin 2 da place up da road 2 c how much the guy will come 2 da shop an tint my bac window a pro from the inside lol an while hes there ill ask him if he wants 2 make him self money by usin my tit an ill pay him 2 do all the sides i want my windows 2 look like dis gran damns there nice Upload

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 910
now thats a sick tint job, no lie!!
grand am looks good with that kit also!

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 11
ya dats what mine will look liek but black but a diffrent body kit i like that 1 2 its sick but u dont even notive the trim around the windows

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 12
notice

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 15
guess u can c but nvm who cares i just want my windows titned 2.5% ill go 4 the inside now i gota find sum1 have liek 4 ppl cant get in touch wit 3 of themUpload

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 280
how much is a roll of tint?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10947
most tint shops buy large rolls that cost them quite a bit but if you tell them the type of car they'll usually sell you enough tint by the foot to do the job yourself. You'd be looking at maybe $50 in tint for high grade commercial automotive tint.

the grand am looks nice, but I'm begging you SPD, please, type normally.. stop with the kiddie slang.. it's giving me a migraine trying to understand it.

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 17
lol how much would a tint place sale a pieace like 36x 60 around how much

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10954
depending on location, type of tint etc.. $20-50 I'd guess

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 495
if i was gonna do it myself i would buy it all pre cut for my car

Pre cut tint for Grand am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PONTIAC-Complete-Precut-Tint-Set-Most-Models_W0QQ cmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63689QQitemZ8021239543

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 496
I was gonna buy precut a while back rom that guy but i decided that i would probably fu** up so i just paid a place to do it

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 18
thats pretty ko0l its all pre cut but ill just goin 2 get a pro 2 do the back window an get sum1 else that nows what there doin 2 do the sides

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 62
i guess the average person can not tint a curved window only a pro. the only kind of window a avergae person can tint is a flat window i guess a pro. would have 2 heat shrink the curved windows 2 get the hard air bubbles that u can never get out so i have 135$ now so iam goin 2 get some more an get the whole car done pro. all 2.5% around just not the front window

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 65
i just got a quote from the limo place an for a 1994 grand am 2door they said 200$ an they put the tint on the outside
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us