1 sx vs 2 vmax

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 206
what would be louder ported an sx, probly 12 unless i built a bigger box, or the 2 vmaxes i have now? both ran by the same amp . hifonics 1205BX

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 484
SX hands down. even my SE 15" sh!ts on my 2 12" VMAXs in SQ AND SPL

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 209
what about the 18? is it worth the extra money and building a box for it?

Bronze Member
Username: Mgreene

Maple Grove, Minnesota United States

Post Number: 20
yeah its worth the extra money, and building a box should cost you more then $30.00 tops!

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 210
i dont know if i can fit it in thou i have a little accord, a 15 would fit. i have the new vmaxes by the way 600 RMS, still louder/better SQ?
my max hight is 17" and with 34" but i can go pretty deep of course. and i have no idea how to tune a port, but im not a bad box builder other than that.

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 211
should i just get a 12 because i have a box for it already and would my BX1205 run it well? i would love to have an 18 but i dont think it will fit, how much better is a 15 than a 12

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 213
would my BX1205 run it well?
how much better is a 15 than a 12?

Bronze Member
Username: Mgreene

Maple Grove, Minnesota United States

Post Number: 23
idk what ur BX1205 is RMS wise but there only suppose to put out about 70-80% of what it says. thats why i got the tx1505-1500rms for my sx 12

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 215
it claims 1200, but there is not way its 70% of that. ill bet it does around 1000 because my vmaxes are 600rms each and it runs them very well and the way i see it, if i got an sx, that would be closer to the rms i need anyway (1200 from 2 vmaxes vs 1000 from sx) so i think it would run them find and besides, i dont think that amp could blow that sub anyway so i woulndt have to worry about that, but i still dont know what size sx to look at, i am thinkin 12 because i just got a new HO alt and i hav a single 12 box (memphis universal) and a dual 12 box (i made custom to my car but i dont know what its tuned to because i just guessed when i built it :/) so mabey later i could get another 12 and a bigger amp

can i calculate what my box is tuned to somehow?
that ? might need a new post

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 216
would a TI be better than an SX?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us