Problems with install of amp

Username: Ben1415

Post Number: 1
This is my first time trying to install an amplifier in a car so bear with me here. I know the gist, at a a very basic level, of how to install this but I am having problems getting the amplifier to fire up. I have wired the power line from the positive terminal of the batter to the amp and wired the RCA cables from the out in the head unit to the amp. I then realized that I needed to have a power-on lead to power up the amp, so I cut into my solid blue, and tried the baby blue wire from the harness of the reciever into the P.Conn of the amp, but it still won't power up. Do I HAVE to have a ground wire to make this work, if so where and how should I do this???

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4822
YES without a ground your amp will not work. you are going to want to ground to your chassis, anywhere there is a solid bolt going through your body scratch the paint away and use a ring terminal to connect to it. uf you use 4 guage power use 4 guage ground. I dont think you have the remote set up correct either, atleast it doesnt sound like you have it right but its hard to understand. on your amp there are 3 main connections, B+, remote, and ground. the B+ is your power to the battery, your remote is from the back of your head unit, and the ground.

Username: Ben1415

Post Number: 2
Ahhhhhh Thank you so much, didn't realize this, thought the circuit would be complete either way. Thanks again really helped
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us