LOOKING FOR ADVICE

Username: Gricer

Kirtland, Ohio USofA

Post Number: 5
well, ok so the subs may not be 2 ohm cause i can wire them in series and they would be 4 ohm. but i still need your opinion!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5248
Huh ^^^ !

what exactly do u need 2 know !?.....

Kirtland, Ohio USofA

Post Number: 6
that was stupid, that was actually the second post i made on this thread but i screwed up somehow. here is what i first said:
i need to know if the audiobahn 8002t amp would be able to power two jl 2 ohm subs. i hear that it gets really hot powering 2 ohms. i would like to know how to make the subs possibly 4 ohm, or if i should just look for another amp completely. thanks

Kirtland, Ohio USofA

Post Number: 7
ok sorry im researching this as i post so forgive the massive amount of posts(out of order at that!), but im looking on here: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161 and what if you wired the two 2 ohm subs to two different channels (COMPLETELY IN SERIES, THAT IS), would the amp handle that better?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5255
ok did u buy any stuff as yet or ur looking @ ur options ?

i see that u posted the amp model no but which model of JL subs ur talking about !?.......

Kirtland, Ohio USofA

Post Number: 8
ok ok ok, the JL's are (deap breath): JL W3 V2 D2 dual voice coil 300 watt RMS 600 watt very max. yeah i got the subs for a great deal, and im looking for a suitable amp. the only reason why im looking at the audiobahn is because it looks nice and its cheap. if i get more money, ill get a different kind that you can recommend. i just dont want to buy the JL amp that is made for the subs cause it's 500 big ones. just let me know please!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5304
If your subs are 2ohms DVC, then wire them in series all the way. That'll give you 4ohm load.
Audiobahn 8002T or 8000T will work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us