Best subs for this application

Username: Goinglow

Post Number: 1
I'm going to be building a box that fits under by back seat in my 03 silverado, basically wondering what would be the best types of subs to get. I'll be building a box that kind of resembles this

http://www.subthump.com/ctbultra.htm

except for the fact that mine will be fiberglassd and painted of course. but it looks like I can get a little under 1 cu.ft. or air space per chamber, and around 7" of mounting depth. Currently I am looking at 2 12" Type-R Alpines and powering them with a Alpine MRD-M1005 @ 2ohms.

Just wondering if this would be the ideal setup to go with or what, I just don't want to buy these and end up wanting something else.

I originally wanted to do 4 10s under the back seat, but air space would definately limit me there so I think that is out of the question now.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5243
they r the best bang 4 buck sub currently available . It depends on ur budget ...
If u decide on Rs though u should get a slightly more power 1200wrms mono amp since those Rs can can handle it .
Also if ur buying 2ohms dvc version of Rs them u need a 1200wrms @ 2ohms amp like a JBL GTO 1200.1
If u get 4ohms dvc version of Rs u need a 1200wrms @ 1ohm amp like a kicker/orion 1200.....

Post Number: 2
what amps would you recommend for powering 1 sub, i might end up buying 1 amp for each sub still playing around with some ideas...

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1478
what about a jl 500/1 or something like a kicker kx 600.1

Post Number: 4
What about 2 of the Alpine MRD-M605..I get good deals on these.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us