Subs in a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Jeff indown
Unregistered guest
Im in the searching for a sub to put into my Jeep. I'm not a fan of too much bass, meaning that they bass is louder then the mids and highs and leaves everything rattling. I just want to know if a single 10" sub would be enough bass? I have a plexi glass box for it and a cap.

Bronze Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 34
Hey Jeff, I am getting a 2000 Jeep grand cherokee and I have been researching systems..
No, one 10" is not going to be enough. Bass is addictive, and you always find yourself wanting more. You will need at least 2 subs to get the results you want. 1 10" just simply can't move enough air no matter how much power you put to it. 2 12" Alpine type R's will be louder than 1 10" JLw7.

So while a really nice 10" will sound great, you will probably want more after a month or two..

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1174
i had 2 12inch kicker comps in my jeep, and when my brother put his one 10inch cvr in it the bass was half as loud, personally i would go with 1 15ported, or 2 15's sealed if you want a lot of bass or 1 really good 12 ported might be enough.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10890
I have an 01 JGC Limited with the Infinity premium system, and I just added an infinity basslink to it and it does fine for low end fill. I don't listen to a lot of bass in the jeep though. I have my car for that.

If you want a single sub look at a mid line JL or an RE "RE" line or even "SX" line sub, and feed any of the above about 500 watts RMS and it'll work well.
use a good RCA line out adapter if you have a factory system you're mating this to.

Bronze Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 38
Yo Glasswolf, I'm about to get a 00 JGC limited with infinity gold. If you did have to put the ultimate system in your jeep what would you go for? Assuming less than 2 grand budget and 2 subs (12's or bigger).

Bronze Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 39
and yes I was planning on removing the infinity gold speakers if they won't be able to keep up. So far I think my first choice is 2 JL 12w6's

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4904
^^Those are great subs, what are u repleacing the infinity with

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4906
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 57
hey jeff it does not sound like you want a sub woofer. just put a 3oo watt or so amp on a couple of really good 6/9's and you should get the sound you want

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10896
I would leave the stock head and changer so it looks stock
add a JL cleansweep as a signal cleaner and RCA out converter.

Audiocontrol digital signal processors for XO and EQ

maybe Arc amplifiers

Bravox, Focal, or DLS components front and coaxials in back

two 12" of 15" (your call) ported subs. Several I'd consider depending on remaining budget, and what I was doing the system to accomplish (SQ, SQL, SPL)

spend anything left on adding an impact sensor to the alarm system on the jeep to beef up the alarm system. If you get the 4.7L V8 I also might look into the new H.O. package they offer from Mopar to add some more power to it if desired.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 259
Glass Wolf damn thats alot of posts. You have a average of 9.41 posts a day. I'm talking about the post bulk and not the avg. Wtf i thought it only went to a gold member.

Anonymous

Thats nothing. I got like a hundred thousand posts. LOL

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 262
wonder if you go double platnium at 20,000 posts?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5261
I remember somebody asking that ^^^ same question after he just turned platinum & GW response was "u get the NO LIFE award !" -lol .....

Bronze Member

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 40
GW, What 2 12's would you recommend the most for SQL?

I was looking into that clean sweep and I think it will be perfect, so I can still use those awesome audio controls on the back of the steering wheel. But will I still have effective bass control with the signal coming from a line out converter? Or does the cleansweep fix that?

I want SQ the most, but don't get me wrong, I want to be able to THUMP no matter what kind of music I put in. I have a decent sub now and I want to have some seriously satisfying bass hits for my new car.. Help plz

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10907
after the cleansweep you could add an audiocontrol in-dash EQ to manage bass levels.

mm some SQL subs.. JL W7, RE XXX, IDMax.. there are a ton of newer ones out now I haven't really looked at much yet, too.

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 553
Lewass, check out Ascendant Audio's new stuff.. the Assassin or Arsenal would be a good choice for SQL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us