Dual voice coils

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 511
i no u cant just use 1 voice coil on a dual voice coil sub casue it will burn but can u run 2 amps 2 a dual 4ohm sub 1 c sub per voice coil ?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2093
would you like to take the blue pill or the red pill?

in case of the latter: http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/UBB_CGI/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=02355 4

and then it took a worm hole on over to:
http://buwaldahybrids.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=663

and yes you can connect an amp to 1vc. it will just change the characteristics of the driver. no need to do it for most people.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 512
so i can run the 1 amp on the 4ohm side an the other amp on the other 4ohm side on the same side so both will b workin

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 2094
"so i can run the 1 amp on the 4ohm side an the other amp on the other 4ohm side on the same side so both will b workin"

correct, but not "on the same side." you can put one amp on each vc. one amp per "side."

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 513
thats what i mean srry about that so i have 4ohm on this side on 1 amp runnin 40hm mono an the same on the other side correctd

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 557
the only damage a sub would get from having 2 different signals going to each coil would be thermal. with that being said, having a single sub run in "stereo" would not be ideal for SQ. the coils wont "fight" each other if they get a different signal, it will just lower the resultant force in one direction. In fact, you can run each coil 180degrees out of phase with each other and not hurt the sub... after a while it will overheat/melt/burn, but that's just because the sub can't move to cool itself.

scott - YES you can run just one coil on a DVC sub! in fact, you can use one coil to power the sub, and the other to adjust QTS

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 545
qts?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us