THIS BOX!!!???

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 261
HI guys i have this box...someone told me if i fill those 4 tubes, so like sorta mak the box sealed with foam:S or some substance it will sound better?Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 65
If it is a Q logic box it all should be sealed ok. You will need to tune the ports. Try to get it as low as possible. Back in the day we would throw them little plastic POS ports out and use appropriate length of PVC pipe, worked great. When placed in your trunk/hatch possition the box as far back in the vehicle you can and position the ports to the rear. You may have to mess with the phasing to match everything else no to mention that you need to wire each sub 180 out of phase as it works in a PUSH/PULL manner. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Toronto, ONtario Canada

Post Number: 262
well thnx polo... how do i tune those ports... and by puttin it as far as possible u mean push the box back closest to rear seat so that there is enough room in front of ports facing the trunk? OR just close to trunk with no room in front of ports.. i think u mean the first option.. also i personally think that the glass doesnt help me it, doesnt make the subs loud.. becuase both of the subs are facing each other.. w.e cannt do ne thing about it so removeed it

Bronze Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 72
Listen, put the plexiglass back! Wire one sub the opposite of the other (180 out of phase), picture one sub pushing the other one in while it is going backwards and visa versa, got it? If they are both wired exactly the same they will cancel each other out! You need to put the glass back in, ok. The length will depend on the frequency an or the depth of the box. You may want to ask around about port legth/frequency as for that stuff gives me a headache. Before you mess with that just put the glass back in and play around with the wires on one side only switching them back and forth listening for an improvement. Place the box ports facing the rear license plate with about 5 inces from the very rear of your car. Behind the seat is forward not rear, ok. Polo..

peterprash
Unregistered guest
well thnx polo.. few things.. when i put the glass back, its not that loud becuase i think the sound the stays inside. also what do u exactly mean by subs pushing subs.. Sorry i didnt quite get that, may be if u can provide me with a pic plz...... Play around with wiring? i have done parallell wiring to the subs and i am getting the loudest from the wiring..i was thinking of filling those tubes with something and makieng th ebox sorta sealed.... By wire one sub opposite the other.. u mean that the cone of one of the subs should be facing the interior of box so like seem sliek they are in a row? so if i face the cone of the left sub. the magnet of left sub should be facing the cone of right sub? sorry about the hassle.. my accouting istn workign so i am posting liek that

Unregistered guest
He means the the air pushed from the first sub moving in the plexi area will push on the second sub. This increased air pressure will oppose motion of the second sub. By reversing the wires (+ and -) on one sub, the sub should move opposite the other sub. This will prevent the sub woofers from combatting each others movements in the plexi area. This is a band pass box, one advantage of this box is that is has both ported and sealed chambers. If you are going to remove the plexi and seal the ports, you may as well of bought a normal sealed box. Also, when you run a sub in a sealed box, the box should have less air space when compared to a ported box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us