Confused on output and briding the amp

Anonymous

hi

how do bridge my amp its 4Ch phoenix gold zx450v2 the specs are:

4 ohm stereo @ 12/13.8 VDC - 18/75 WRMS x 4
2 ohm stereo @ 13.8 VDC - 150 WRMS x 4
4 ohm bridged @ 13.8 VDC - 250 WRMS x 2

i want to power a single jl w6v2-d4 (4ohm) how do i bridge the amp?? will it be able to push 500wrms at 4ohms or only 250wrms cuz it says 250wrms x 2. i am juss confused do i only get 250wrms to a single sub and ill be waisting 250wrms?? or i can get 500wrms at 4ohms for a 1 jl w6 how do i go about setting it up any help will be appreciated

Jan Meyer
Unregistered guest
You can bridge the amp to give you 2 channels of 250W but you cannot bridge it to give you 1 channel, so you can run the single speaker off the 1 channel bridged and the other will not be used. Normally you would bridge by taking the power from output 1 and the ground from output 2 (to bridge output 1 and 2). So the ground from output 1 and the power from output 2 won't be connected. Some amps have a switch to say it is being bridged, if yours doesn't it probably auto detects it depending on what you have connected.

If you have the manual for this amp it should have some details in it as well.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1303
you can not bridge that amp on that sub... the ohm load is a 2 ohm or 8ohm, you would have to run it 8ohm and loose almost all power.

Anonymous

okay thanks guys for your help... can i do this hook up 2 jl w6 and get 250wrms going to each will that work or still not??

Username: Travis_lamance

Post Number: 1
Like ty said, you can only wire those subs to be 2 ohm or 8 ohm loads. They say 4 ohm because there are two 4 ohm voice coils in each sub, which wired in parallel gives you a total of 2 ohms, and in series gives you 8 ohms. It is a little misleading for unexperienced people. If you're dead set on this combination, you can do it with two of those subs wired to 8ohms each, but it's not a very good combination and they won't get much power. I think you're best best is to get either different subs (preferably with dual 8 or dual 2 ohm coils), or a different amp, which would probably be my choice.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1313
different amp....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us