hey guys i have a few questions.

my system is
2000 dodge dakota club cab
HU pioneer p7600mp
front speakers RF 6.5 2way components p162s
rear speakers alpine 6.5 2way spl-17lp
subs 2 alpine r's 1242d
amp 2 1998 RF x500.2

1 i put in an email to nat for a quote on an new alt.
2 what size wire should i use to upgrade the big 3?
3 since i have 2 amps i would like to run just one power wire and use dist. block to split the wire. what size wire should i use for the main power wire?
4 should i use a dist. block or should i run the power wire right to my cap the split from the cap to the amps?
5 if i put in a dist. block right before my cap i still need a fuse right after my battery right?

thanks for any help and sorry for all the questions

Nate So
Unregistered guest
For the power wire you can use 4 guage or 2 gauge, your choice. Then go to the capacitors positive terminal. Then use the same wire to go to a distributor block and from that to the amps. Go one number size bigger (one size smaller) wire from the dist to the amps. The fuse right after the battery should be the sum of the fuses in your amps. (EX. one amp is 50x2 amp fuses and the other 25x2, get 150 amp fuse).

Username: Akac

Post Number: 6
right now im running 8 gauge wire to both my amps. i would like to upgrade to 4 gauge. for the main power wire i have to run about 15-20 feet would 2 gauge work? would it hurt to run a 0 gauge wire? i see what your saying about battery to fuse (80 amp) to cap then to dist block, should i have 2 40 amp fuses in the dist block or will the one 80 amp fuse be good enough for the amps.
thanks for all the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us