In car super cpomputers where 2 get...

Silver Member
Username: Efil4zaggin

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 128
does anyone know where 2 get an in car super computer, just like the ones they used in P!mp My Ride.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 524
http://www.karputer.co.uk/karputer.php

my friend has the icepack 2 and its pretty sweet.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1651
its not a supercomputer really...its just called a carputer www.mp3car.com/store im building onesoon(hopefully)

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 281
whut eva happend to the in car computer section for this forum. Yeah those ones that you buy are a little expensive...U can build one for a whole lot cheaper and make it however u want. I want to make 1 too. one day. www.mp3car.com is for the forums learned alot from that

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4515
with pc's getting faster and old pc's laying around a simple car pc can be had for very cheap ...ive also seen that the decent screens have come down in price alot also....just be very carefull what screen you get make sure it has the connection types you want and has resolution rates that give you a nice viewable screen your used to on your home pc

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 851
I would like to get online in the car.. =D
like how those cops ride around while beein online.
I wouldnt mine that lil antenna, or maybe a hidden one.

you can have a carputer, by just mounting a laptop to the dash or something. Hell its a computer; there fore you can make it do anything you want it too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4529
exactly why i want to eventually install one in my car

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 853
=D
They have mobile ISPs now. It works like a cellphone technology. But is still lil expensive.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1422
I have a laptop in my Jeep that hooks to my cellphone for the internet. I haven't gotten aroud to getting it "built in" yet though... I'll have to look into those links.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 856
wow, how fast is that? that would be slower than dialup? cellphone transfer at like what 4KBs?
Sounds cool though, I think my sony ecricson can do that to. Never tried though. I know I can set up a network over bluetooth.

I want wireless broadband nationwide. =D

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 280
actually cellphone internet is about 10 times faster then dialup.....if your talking sprint or virizion that is. not sure about the other companies but it's not that slow....just kinda pricy for whay ya get.

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 870
10 times faster than dialup would be like a ISDN bandwidth. I seriosuly doubt its that fast.
=D

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 871
remember it may seem fast, but its downloading text files and 5KB ringtones. =D

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 281
no it is isdn bandwidth.....which is still not as fast as cable or say dsl but it is still 128k download and 64k up load....downloading at 128k is still faster then 5k a sec.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4541
my dad used his cellphone way back years agao with his macintosh laptop it did move fairly decently
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us