Rockford amp

Anonymous

Hey guys, i have a question. On the rockford amp's, u have a bass boost knob (example the fosgate t 3oo2) that u get with them, u can fool around with the gain on it without touching the amp itself. My question is, is it possible to do that on another amp? Is there any way i can have something that ressembles to it? Thx a bunch for u help.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 954
the bass boost knob doesn't affect the gains, it only amplifies the particular bass frequency its set to, making the sub louder at that particular point. hope i explained that right...correct me if i missed something.

but there are plenty of companies who make bass boost knobs for their amps. orion and JL are 2 others i know of off the top of my head.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 562
the rockford amps punch bass is to boost the lower frequencies on my car for example if i turn the knob on when there is high bass absolutely nothing happens. there are other compaines out there who make a bass boost knob for all frequencies and others who make knobs like rockford fosgates punch bass knobs.

Anonymous

Cool, thx for answering guys :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Bies08

Wheaton, Kansas

Post Number: 41
I have an Alpine MRD-M605 Amp. I was looking on the internet, and i thought i would jsut get one that hooked up to the amp just like the Rockford Fosgate amps. I went into my local place and they said that i have to pull out my HU and it goes through the RCA'S from the HU....i was pretty pi##ed......cuz on the internet it said i could, and they want 50 buck for a lil thing that makes would fix my laziness to go through the CD player.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us