The BEST sub for deep bass

Username: Dr_bass

TN USA

Post Number: 1
I'm looking for the best sub for deep, low, hard hitting, loud bass. I want to be able to shake windows on houses, maybe break my own, distort my voice at least 10 feet away, and make people say "That's too much bass man." It needs to hit at lest 150db. Any help would be nice. I'm lookin at either JL W7s or Eclipse Pro 18" Oh, and money is NOT a problem. Any brand ok but Eclipse or JL prefered.

Bronze Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 42
http://www.ohgizmo.com/2005/10/31/worlds-most-powerful-subwoofer/

...lol just a joke

Bronze Member
Username: Darkale85

Averil park , Ny Renn

Post Number: 46
money not an issue what about the jackhammer? 6000watts rms i guess this thing is saposed to pound like there is no tommorow

TN USA

Post Number: 4
Money no problem but the Jackhammer? That thing is supposed to suck!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
RE MT's in a hugee box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Well, that would cover the loudness part at least.

TN USA

Post Number: 5
You think that would do? Maybe two in the trunk and two in the back (taken out the back seat).

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1133
eclipse ti pro would be a badass spl sub, sq would suck but it would be loud, mabey the new re xxx, or a dd 9917.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Are you looking more towards SPL, SQ, or an even amount of both?

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 269
the jackhammers arent even that loud and have no sq whatsoever. an eclipse ti or w7 can get louder than that big piece of sh!t.

mtx just made that subwoofer to make them more famous and a popular brand. thats also why audiobahn made their 34" inch subwoofer.mtx subs suck azz anyway.

TN USA

Post Number: 6
"eclipse ti pro would be a badass spl sub, sq would suck but it would be loud, mabey the new re xxx, or a dd 9917."

Loud yes but hard and deep bass?

Silver Member

Post Number: 270
^^^it will be deep enough.

but i heard that pure spl subs like the ti pro are just loud at high frequencies but dont hit the low frequencies very well.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1134
that im not sure, if you want loud low end bass look into the ascendant audio havoc, you might have to buy 2 of them though to get in the 150+ range.

TN USA

Post Number: 7
^^^I don't care. I wanted at least 2 subs anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1718
yes 2 or 3 Havocs and you will be very pleased.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1135
well then the AA havoc would be perfect, what amp are you going to use and have you upgraded your electrical system to handle the 2500+watts your going to need to push those subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 64
2 Stereo Integrity Mag 15s and you'll have some fun.

Silver Member

Post Number: 271
does the havoc go lower than the avalanche?

audioplus sc1
Unregistered guest
hey man i think 2 of the 12"eclipse ti's from like 2 years ago the ones that have like the 3 inch surround. and 2 audiobahn 2400watt amps. the subs have to be in very large vented enclosures.

my friend brandon, has an 2nd generation rx7 with one eclipse ti 12 and an audiobahn 2400x1@1ohm and he hits 155db with it.and you can hear it from 6 blocks away. no joke but it is a hatchback.so in a regular car it might not be as good.

You can diss it all you want but i am running a soundstream eg15x with a hyfonics xx olympus amp and it hits about 140 db but i had everything custom tuned and installed at the audio dealer.

TN USA

Post Number: 8
Thanx to all for the suggestions. I'll check em all out and let yall know what I'm gettin asap. The Havocs sound like they're the ones. But what about JL? I don't want insane SPL but decently loud and retain sq. But still, I'm gonna look into all the brands listed on here. I've had this dream of hard hittin bass and loud subs ever since I first heard em in front of my house. The car shook my whole house and then saw it bout 20 seconds later. It wasn't goin fast either! So I know it can be done. Oh and my car is a 1995 Toyota Corolla sedan. Small but I plan to take the back seat out if have to.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1138
JL w7 will have the overall best sq of all the subs mentioned but 40hz and under the havoc would own it, the w7 will get very loud and still retain great sq but the havoc will have better low end bass, and cost a lot less.

TN USA

Post Number: 10
Yeah I'm startin to like those Havocs more and more. However, I've looked around at all the install shops around here in the Knoxville area and didn't find any that install Ascendant audio. I don't think I can install em by myself and get the results I want. I would rather pay someone to do top work than me screw things up. But yall think maybe three or four of those Havocs will do it? So now my question is who makes good enough amps to power those subs?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1726
theres alot of good amps. Zapco is a brand. damn, if you got a zapco 4kw a lot fo those SPL freaks would be quite jelous. you could run a kicker zx1500 to each. you could run 2 kx2500s or zx2500s 1 per 2 subs. theres a lot of choices....look around.

Bronze Member

TN USA

Post Number: 12
Oh and one more thing. On the havoc's site it says it goes down to 31hz. What about 20hz or lower? Or would 31hz be low enough? Well the human ear can only hear down to around 20hz so 31hz could really bump if it was at a high enough db level. On my test cd it bumps good at 66-88hz.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1159
well i don't know if the ohms will match but if they do a kicker zx1500.1 would be perfect, one for each sub would get them moving pretty good.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4796
if you want downl low deep dirty bass the avalanche is the way to go:-):-):-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
they dont make avalanches no more. you can only get them used from somebody now.

But do any of AAs new subs match the Avalanches lowness? their fs are higher than the avalanche's.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1727
the fs is rated higher... however the graph looks similar down low and according to chad the lows are stil crazy low. i wouldnt doubt him...

the havoc plays lower than 31hz...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4802
I have a ava 12 brand new never been hooked up if anyone is interested:-):-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
are Ascendant Audio's subs the best for low frequency?

Adire Audio's subs have a pretty low Fs too like their brahma and tumult.

The 15" L7 too has an Fs of 18hz and the idmax says it goes down to 10hz. i think Image D is lying though.

Username: Crownsolox12

Stillwater, Mn Usa

Post Number: 4
solo x 18", good sq and loud put it in a nice custom bux with like 3.4 cubic feet and it will sound and pound better than all if u ask me!!!

i have the 12" model and its so loud i needed a new latch on my trunk!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 314
^^^^^^^it will pound better but not sound better. And 3.4cuft is too small for that 18" solox.

Unregistered guest
i dont know if this helps at all but i have a JL Audio 12" W6 subwoofer in a slot ported box for sale... it is only 2 months old and the only reason i am selling it is because my friend hooked me up with 2 2006 model 15" Kicker L7s... i will let the sub go for around 400- 450.. let me know if u are interested.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot

Post Number: 13
this guys re mt's shake a little bit ? http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Resonant%20Engineering/mt18.1.wmv

Bronze Member
Username: Dbtuner

Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada

Post Number: 29
what about strokers

Bronze Member

TN USA

Post Number: 13
"this guys re mt's shake a little bit ? http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Resonant%20Engineering/mt18.1.wmv"

^^^Damn! That's what I want! REs huh? Now we're talkin! But how would the Havocs compare to this?SQ is a good thing but I'm not an audiophile and I've lived all my life with ok sounding music so SQ really aint my priority.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1165
well any system can shake suff if its loud enough, the mt are spl subs they have ok sq, however the havoc would own them in the sq area, the mt's will be louder.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1730
i think that guy is running like 17kw though. i think hes got a battery bank and twin 315A alternators... i like the video when hes in the parking lot and the stores windows are shaking

Bronze Member

TN USA

Post Number: 14
Yeah, I guess there are lots of good brands out there. I just need to pick the ones I like ya know. That's what is so great bout car sound systems. Everyone has a personal preference. The Havocs and XXXs are my favorites though. Anyone know when the Havocs are coming out though? Said coming soon on their site.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 117
Stereo Integrity Mags.........

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 897
TREO SSXs! 15s, or 18s!

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 899
"I'm looking for the best sub for deep, low, hard hitting, loud bass. I want to be able to shake windows on houses, maybe break my own, distort my voice at least 10 feet away, and make people say "That's too much bass man." It needs to hit at lest 150db. Any help would be nice. I'm lookin at either JL W7s or Eclipse Pro 18" Oh, and money is NOT a problem."

2 TREO SSX 18s or 15s.
It will do alot more than that. It will also bust ya head open wide!
You will also need about 8KW of power to make them happy.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 121
hey B we need to meet up when i get the trunk done. You'll need to hear a Mag and i'll need to see your Treo. Also do you work for a shop in charlotte?

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 902
Sounds cool alteraudio!! I would love to hear those Mags! I bet they sound great. I will let you hear the Treos. =D
valeboykid@hotmail.com

Silver Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 903
^^ not workin for a shop, I want to start my own car audio biz this month! In process of finding a decent building, maybe something off of Monroe rd.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us