RESX15s Install and Metering

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 172
I'm currently running two RE SX 15"s in a 7^3 box tuned to 28hz with two Cerwin Vega Exl 1000ds. I've got a Clarion DXZ855MP h/u but not components yet so pfft on that. I went to a dB drag today and pulled a 145.6 on a TL meter playing 38hz test tone with my amps being turned on only halfway. Should be up around high 150s and possible low 160s after I turn everything up. I was tempted to today but decided it would not be the best thing for the subs until they are broken in :-(.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 488
so how they sound iam gettin just 1 15

Anonymous

i doubt ull hit in the 150-160s

Anonymous

because RE is trash u need to get some Audioque HDs

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4423
modify that box for a spl port and youll be up above 150 db for sure i would think (burp box style)

Silver Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 133
wow anonymous you think RE is trash? what rock did you just crawl out from under?

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1419
You're not going to gain 10db+ turning it all the way. You just wont.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1953
Kevin, i kinda hat to burst your bubble...but i highly doubt that your setup will do high 150's.

if you retune your box to ~46-49hz, then yea...i could see you doing mid to high 150s. but w/ a box tuned to 28hz you prolly wont be seeing really high #'s. 145.6 is GREAT for a daily system though. (my 1 SX tuned to 30hz only does ~140 @ 30hz) With a little retuning you should be able to get in the mid150's pretty easily.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1954
oh and kevin...congrads on a great # for a system tuned for daily booming.

you should try competing in Bass Race or Street Beat w/ that setup...you would do very well.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 175
Do you know of any local shows for around here in the DFW area for Bass Race and Street Beat? Soon as the subs are broke in and we give themfull power instead of half I'll repost the new numbers.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1712
yeah, in that enclosure when you give them full power id guess probably a 150. however, yes, with a port tuned higher and a larger port area you could get that 155...

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1957
You have 2 1000w amps...right?
If you did 145.6 w/ half power, 1000w...then when you give them 2000wrms, you will see +3dB (in a perfect world)

as for comps in your area, go to www.termpro.com or www.usaci.org and look around.

Bronze Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 69
I just bought 2 sx15's to go with my two Kicker SX 1250's, they'd better not sound like sh!t! It is usually the guys trying to pump a quality used sub they got from a flea market with an old Boss amp that make such a sh!tty comment like that. PVSSY...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us