12'' eclipse titanium

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1339
im thinking about getting one , i saw some vids and its looks so nice , has anyone had any personal experience with titaniums and if i get it what are some good amp choices

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5129
Jonathan mentioned that they are good in some1 elses thread earlier this mth - but he said he didn't like how the Ti pro sounds in his opinion ....

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1343
well i dont have to worry about the ti pro , im just wanting some opinions on the 12'' titanium

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1345
also what would be a good amp for it ?

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Post Number: 240
its one of the best SQL subs you can get.

an eclipse da7122 is amp is goodhttp://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=210

or even better, a zapco c2k-6.0xhttp://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=590

Silver Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 751
12'' eclipse titanium, get it man. Ive heard its a killer sub, and sounds great. Go take a listen to it. I dont know how that myth got started, lol

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1350
if i got bucket seats in my f150 you think i could fit it in there ?

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1362
bump - i want johnathan to see this and see what he thinks

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1398
bump

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5535
Really good SQL sub, works better ported tuned low than in a sealed box, in my opinion of course. As far as power, it's underrated, I'd give it a good 1000-1200W RMS or so.

Ti Pro is a dedicated SPL sub, and sounds as such.

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
what myth were you talking about b?

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1406
thanks johnathan , would it be ok in a sealed box for a while then upgrade to ported when i can ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
hey Jonathan, what are the sealed and ported enclosures size range in cu.ft. for a 12" and 15" TI.

And at around what tuning frequency should i tune it at if i go ported?

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1407
what about 12'' idmax vs 12'' eclipse ti , which would you recommend johnathan

Silver Member

Post Number: 250
thayre both loud sql subwoofers. the idmax is probably the best sq subwoofer you can get. but the ti can get louder and still retain its sq.

so the idmax leans more to the sq side(still loud) and the ti leans more to the spl side(still sounds good).

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2948
Im getting a ID MAX 12 and going sealed at 1.5 cuft.

I have a box box for a 15 Ti thats 2.25 cuft and eclipse recommends from 1.5-2.5 sealed box for the Ti 15

Ported box whould be alot bigger for the 12 or 15 Ti.

Ported Box for the ID MAX 12 - 2.5cuft @ 28hz-30hz is recommended by ID techs

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 224
whats the rms on a 12,inch ti? I want to get two too put in my camaro. It's a hatchback so i think i'm going to go with a sealed box. If i put in a ported box with an open cab it would proboly get two boomey and sound like sh.it.

Username: King_1532

Tallahasse, FL United States

Post Number: 6
The RMS on the Eclipse 12" TIs is 750, I've seen them but havent heard them before. But I have heard that they are very nice sql subs. But I have also heard that it takes a lot of wattage to get them to hit. When I asked about them, I was refered to the Aluminums.. which have I have heard sound better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 263
i heard the tis are really 1500rms. 750rms for each voice coil.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1403
"The RMS on the Eclipse 12" TIs is 750, I've seen them but havent heard them before. But I have heard that they are very nice sql subs. But I have also heard that it takes a lot of wattage to get them to hit. When I asked about them, I was refered to the Aluminums.. which have I have heard sound better."

The 750 RMS is underrated. But they're EXTREMELY effient subs. You could get away with just 500 watts. But the 12" Ti has 3.5" of excursion (specs are underrated). And the 15" has 4". In order to get full excursion, you'll need a good 1,000-1,500 watts RMS.

I know guys that give them 4,000 watts RMS in sealed enclosures...

Best sealed is 1.25cu/ft. just make sure you build it STRONG. They move a TON of air. Ported I've found that 3.5cu/ft. tuned to 32Hz is the best. Make sure you double up the baffle too... They weigh about 40lbs. a peice.

Awesome sub, would recommend them to anyone for almost any application.

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1429
im thinking about getting the ti 12'' or waiting for the new mx to come out and see what its like

Unregistered guest
i own a 15" eclipse ti and i love it. i have it in a 4.5 cu ft ported box and am powering it with a audiobahn a18001dt (cannot afford anything else) that claims 1200 rms. it is really accurate and gets very, very LOUD. if you get one make sure to put at least 1000 rms to it. i have not heard a lot of the exotic subs but have heard a 15" L7 in a ported box and the eclipse to the ear is about the same in spl but sounds much cleaner. it would sound even better in a smaller car, i have a ford explorer suv. watch ebay, i got mine in almost perfect condition for $225 shipped about 2 months ago:-) i would also highly recommend the ti's.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 228
would a kicker 1200 have enough power or would i need more power, to power two 12,inch ti's? Any amp suggestions that are cheaper than $400 to power these subs.

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1433
it would be great , for just 1 though

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1406
I have a friend that has a RE 12.1 which is actually 1,300-1,400 watts RMS and another friend with a Hifonics that claims 1,500 watts RMS, but is more like 1,300 watts RMS and both setups have enough power to turn your insides. But 1,000+ a peice would be ideal...

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1440
i hope to get one soon :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us