Whooping Assphalt

Username: Thaphunkjunk

Orrville, Ohio United states

Post Number: 10
im looking into some subs, just getting back into the whole car audio thing. i am looking at possibly competing in a few local competitions this summer and i really want to have some subs that just pound, but arent going to pound my bank account. id also like for them to have decent sq. ive been looking at some 15 inch mmats 3.0s some re sx's and the memphis lvs, or mojos.
any help?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1614
depends on ya budget man
u could go with the SX's, a decent price for a loud woofer.
MMats are great for SPL
DD audio
mass desruction car audio is like really good for SPL(from wat i read)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
im thinking probably up to 400 for subs, i could do more but its just not a TOP priority, also what is the main difference between a sealed, and vented box? ive seen a lot of vented boxes at comps

Gold Member

Post Number: 1615
vented boxes supposed to give a 3-6db gain...depending on stuff.
with 400 id get liek an 18 inch SX or somen like that

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 471
make sure you have money for an amp to push that.. along with a HO alt.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
the 400 is what i have for subs ive got more for an amp and would i NEED a new alternator? would just one sub be all that loud?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1618
yes 1 sub be all that loud...depending on the car as to teh alternator thing. ive HEARD of ppl using about 1200 watts in there car with very very minimal dimming

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
ok, ordered two 15 inch mmats 3.0 subs and an ultra linear 1800 watt monoblock amp. i need to buy a new head unit next and i am somewhat stuck. i want one that has the different pre out options but still has the eq's like super bass in the pioneers or xplod in sony

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1975
Stackn Bucks,

you said you got an "ultra linear 1800 watt monoblock amp"...is this the one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-LINEAR-1800w-MONO-HIGH-CURRENT-CAR-BASS-AMPLIFIER_W0QQ itemZ5858023676QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if so, i kinda hate to burst your bubble, but its a cheap knock-off amp. Ultra linear is a company that uses a name similar to a good companies name in order to sell their cheap @$$ produces (ex: Rockwood is a know-off on Rockford) In your case, the company Ultra linear is knocking off is Phase Linear.

If the amp i posted above is in fact the one you bought...i highly doubt it will really put out any more than about 900w RMS. (half of its "rated" power)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well sh!t i cancelled the order on that thing, but now i need to not screw up on the whole amp thing. so whats one i can get for around 200? that i can run at least 700 watts per each 15?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4453
you can buy my amp on ebay its a mtx 81000d mono block and it puts out 1500 rms at 2 ohms

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTX-Thunder-81000d-mono-block-amp-amplifier_W0QQitemZ5861029 742QQcategoryZ64573QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1977
Stackn,

what voice coil congifuration do your subs have?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4460
if you have single 4 ohm voice coils your set for my amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 4462
or dual 2 ohm voice coils and your set

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4733
I don't elieve they make them in dual 2 ohm I am pretty sure they are only dual 4 ohm. that sucks because your amp would have been perfect Sean. I would look into a kicker 1200.1, jbl bp 1200.1 off ebay or orion 1200.1 something like that for your price range.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4466
oh well it will sell on ebay to someone I have 5 watchers

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
they have a 3" four layer Kapton dual voice coil
so whatever that means

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1980
I went on MMats site and it says the 10" and 12" 3.0's have DVC4ohm coil...so I would guess the 15" does too.

the bp1200.1, kx1200.1, orion 1200d...etc...would all work pretty darn well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
hey sean i have my friend looking at your amp on ebay he has 1 15 inch orion hcca. and i figure thats about perfect for it. dont ya think? those hccas are dvc 2's

Gold Member

Post Number: 4518
what kind of power does the orion hcca 15 handle because my amp puts out like 800 rms at 4 ohm and thats what you would get with one 15 dvc 2 but if you had two 15 dvc 2's you would get like 1573 total rms according to my birth sheet i think and that would be 2 ohms dridged wired correctly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
those hccas are 600 rms and 1200 max, and how does that work if u only get 800 to one but if u hook up two it does nearly twice that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4554
because if you have one sub that is a dual 2 ohm you can wire that either to 1 ohm or 4 ohms adding a second sub you can do the same so the second sub wired to 1 ohm as well would give you a 2 ohm bridge for 1500 rms ...you could run one off of this amp and just be conservative on the gain and the 15 would slam very well then if you get a second orion 15 you could go for the amps full potential and slam even harder

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
are there any diagrams o how to do this wiring for 1 ohm and what not and where?

Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 1
back to the deck i have a panasonic CQ-C7401U and it has a super bass option (hold mute button for 3 sec.) and a subwoofer control along with a adjustable equalizer built in. i got it off ebay pretty cheap. get the 7401 not the 7301 because the 74 has 5 volt preout and the 73 only has 2.5 volt so the 74 will give a better signal to the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us