PPI Art 600.2 / Isaac or James Longo

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2921
How do you think this amp whould do on a ID MAX 12v3d2. Ive been using this amp on my CDT HD62 set and im impressed with it but i have not used it on any subwoofers yet. Just curiuos to hear it on possibly the ID MAX 12 at 600 x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged. ?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4110
Did you ever end up getting an ID MAX MO? Can't remember, I haven't been around the boards for a few months.

I'm sure it would push the sub fine, but there's really no reason to use an A/B amp on a sub. If you have it and want to use it, then yeah, I would. I found though, with running an Orion G4 to my Avalanche, that you really can't hear the difference between A/B and D when your pushing a sub. If I had to do it again, I'd just get a class D for my sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Do_em_dirty816

Kansas City, MO USA

Post Number: 53
from what I hear subs = class D amps... but you can always try like joe said u might not be able to tell the differece.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4663
I agree with Joe but I would be a liar if I told you I never thought of running my a600 to a id max:-) I ran my 3-12w6v1's with it, and my ava 15 with it and it never missed a beat and sounded clean,pure, and had terrific detail! I love that amp and can't wait to use it again whenever that will be.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5255
To use PPI amp on a sub would be like a 100M runner doing 10 yard races.
Joe, there are some difference between AB and D, but human ears aren't sensitive enough.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4111
"Joe, there are some difference between AB and D, but human ears aren't sensitive enough."

That was my whole point Isaac. After trying it out myself, it's not worth all the extra juice. A class D amp's gonna be more effecient and you can't hear the difference.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2928
I could always use my CrossFire VR1000D on it if i wanted to. I whould probably be better off running the ppi art 600.2 and match it up with my a300 amp for the front componants.

I have the ID MAX 12v3d2 on backorder right now at cardomain.com so im waiting on them. Im going to stick with the 1 subwoofer setup this time around to save space and weight on the car.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5259
Joe, the thing with G4 is, it not only can drive a sub with ease, it can also function as a bandpass, as well as drive full range speakers.
Keep this in mind, class D's will function well till it's pushed to the limit, then it'll distort very badly, blowing your subs. The severity will depend on the quality of the amp.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 412
Isaac - a tech at ID almost lost his job for saying what you just said on a forum.
Class a/b, class d...power is power - too much of it can damage a speaker. Amp class isn't a factor.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5262
Optidriven, to a some degree, "power is power" is true. If however, you analyze the actual "power" from various amps, you'll notice the difference.
Class D when driven within it's "limit" will function well.
If you do search on google, you can easily find out the characteristics and limitations of different amp classes.
Have you seen the "blown" subs from some cheap class D amps?

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 309
well isaac is it true that you cant tell the diffrence on a sub?
could I tell A diffrence between the
Arc Audio xxk 2500 A/B
over the
Zapco c2k 9.0

Gold Member

Post Number: 5268
No LiL, once you reach certain quality, they'll all sound the same.
This is why I didn't upgrade my amp from Orion G4 to Zapco.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2931
Doubt you will notice any differance Lil jon. Only reason im not going ported with my ID MAX 12 is because i dont have a subsonic filter on the ppi art 600.2 amp and sealed offers a wider freq range in most cars as opposed to ported.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4112
"No LiL, once you reach certain quality, they'll all sound the same.
This is why I didn't upgrade my amp from Orion G4 to Zapco."

Same reason for me. I always wanted to, but I knew there wouldn't be a difference, and I could justify paying so much more for nothing more than the name.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 427
http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/UBB_CGI/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=017258

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1238
stop putting links that dont work

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 429
you've got to copy and paste it genius.

what ever code makes the hyperlinks breaks it at semicolons

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2933
Thats a interesting link. I dont think there is anything wrong with putting a Class AB or a class D to a subwoofer as long as you know how to set your gains and match up the rms requirements and tuning your system with the crossovers and etc....

I cant wait to put my ppi art 600.2 on my ID MAX 12

Gold Member

Post Number: 5269
MO, the only problem you'll have with PPI is, unless the HU has sub preouts, you'll get full range.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2934
Isaac, I have the Premier 860 with excellant crossover control and lpf and hpf and slopes... It will sound great. For right now im using the 600.2 on my cdt comps. But soon on the ID MAX 12 and use my Head Unit for all the crossovers..

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4672
I have never run any of my subs off of a class d amp in 12 years! I have always run class a/b and have always been more then satisfied:-) I have run subs off of the ppi a600 and the orion g4 and the orion when wired down to 1 ohm is louder but granted it is 800 watts vs 600 watts, well more like 900 watts vs 600 watts because of the underrated power of the orion. I say go for it MO:-) and let me know how it sounds I had the same idea of getting a idmax and running it off of my a600 so let me know:-)

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2935
James, it will be my pleasure :-)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4674
NICE! lol

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2936
James, my aim is suleman36 so you can keep in touch there to.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4695
cool man I will shoot you a IM when I see you on

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 310
thanks Isaac james and mo

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2949
no problem.. Cant wait to hear my new setup.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4710
I can't wait to hear from you lol!:-)

no prob lil jon glad we could help:-)

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2951
I whould have wanted to go ported at 2.5 cuft tuned to 28hz but i do not have a subsonice filter on the ppi art 600.2 amp so im going to go sealed instead.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4715
yeah good call.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2970
James or Jonathan, what do you think about this box for the ID MAX 12. I know the recommend 1.5 cuft sealed so let me know

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEALED-SUBWOOFER-BOX-FOR-AN-IMAGE-DYNAMICS-IDMAX-12_W0QQitem Z5860990282QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4774
looks good to me. I dont know why its so cheap but it looks good:-)

Bob365
Unregistered guest
If you buy that box, post a quick review when you get it. $67 for a solid box would prevent me from building one again.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2975
Definetly will if i do get this box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us